Author Topic: Should Donald Trump run in 2024?  (Read 1874 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Should Donald Trump run in 2024?
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2022, 04:26:43 pm »
Come on, @catfish1957 Gimme a break.

"Ego" has nothing to do with it.  More than half the country would vote for him if given the opportunity.

His ability to stay awake and focus for 18 hours each day may have been affected simply by his age.  He alone will know.

He'll have to learn to dictate responsibility, that's for sure.

But having him as POTUS going in as a Lame-Duck?  Priceless!!

Personality and abilities are two widely different things. I stand by what I said.

Don't get me wrong, though he may not be my first choice, if DJT is the candidate, he will get my support.  And 100% agreement on "lame duck" status.  An angry DJT who needs not to worry about another term will unleash the hounds of hell.

And that will be a good thing IMO
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2022, 07:21:44 pm »
He was quite naïve about how things work in DC.

That's an understatement.  And four years later, he still hadn't figured that one out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Absalom

« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2022, 07:59:32 pm »
I doubt @Absalom would be pissed. He would merely weep for what has been lost and what will be lost. As would I.
--------------------
Roamer, appreciate your wise observation.
I have been implying/asserting for a long time that voter obsession w/politics/politicians
rather than w/Principles & Precepts is the catalyst / driver of our severe malaise.
Yet the predictable suspects only interest lies in politics as their hourly rants affirm.
Those Wise Men who proceeded us, intuitively grasped that Man's conversation is a
metaphor for that which interests and absorbs his mind.
Sadly, the politically desperate have neither awareness nor interest in the likes of
Augustine, Ockham, Burke, Hume; among hundreds, as their daily scribblings affirm.
We cannot nor will not produce the likes of Jefferson, Madison & Monroe because
our self-labeled intellectual environment has embraced materialism as our
higher calling, replacing the catalyst for creative ideas; Man's spiritual sensibilities.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2022, 08:33:53 pm »
--------------------
I have been implying/asserting for a long time that voter obsession w/politics/politicians
rather than w/Principles & Precepts is the catalyst / driver of our severe malaise.

Doctor, heal thyself.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2022, 11:52:19 pm »
Why shouldn't Trump run in 2024?  He hasn't been legally disqualified from seeking office.
Because of how the country imploded on his watch in the last year of his presidency, ruining any good will that he built the first three years. He allowed tyrannical bureaucrats to hijack our freedoms and run our country into the ground. He did that. He has to defend that. He has to defend not firing Anthony Fauci like he explicitly and repeatedly said he would. He has to defend the milquetoast behavior of his Supreme Court nominees. He has to defend the trillion-dollar budget deficits.

If the other GOP Pretenders to the Oval Office want to be President, they'll need to prove their value by WINNING.

Trump's opponents will need to demonstrate that they have more fortitude than an airport windsock.
That's the problem. Gaming the system to gain a political office for his own fame is not the same as value, and it's not the same as leadership and competence. That's the mistake we made in 2016 on the right. And it was a mistake. We have to look at that, remember all of us who were screaming to stop this man, and admit those people were right. Celebrities can win political office. Ask Jesse Ventura or Arnold Schwarzenegger. But that doesn't make them leaders.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2022, 11:53:24 pm »
Fishrrman prediction:

Ron DeSantis isn't going to run for president in 2024.
His wife has a life-threatening case of breast cancer, and her recovery is uncertain.
He could very well be a widower with kids to care for by then.

If Mr. DeSantis has presidential aspirations, his BEST way forward would be to accept the vice presidential slot when Mr. Trump runs in '24. There is the Constitutional provision about prohibiting presidential and vice presidential candidates from the same state, but I predict that will be resolved by Mr. Trump "relocating" to New Jersey if he believes Mr. DeSantis should be on the ticket and DeSantis agrees.

IF he were to accept, Mr. DeSantis will boost Mr. Trump's chances (remember that The Party's "election apparatus" may be dormant but it will again be in full force in 2024) in the battleground states. And even if Mr. Trump were to lose, it would not damage Mr. DeSantis' chances in 2028. He will still be young and the obvious choice.

(unless Marjorie Taylor Greene wants the job by then.... hehe....)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2022, 11:59:09 pm »
I don't have a Trump obsession, but who else is made of steel that is going to run? Cruz has mentioned that he'd like to run again, but I don't know if he's going to be able to deflect that arrows and poison darts that will be heading his way from the DEMS.

As I mentioned previously, DeSantis is staying in FL and his wife is battling aggressive breast cancer; so I think he's out.

Perhaps Greene. Maybe Pompeo? Noem??

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2022, 12:03:59 am »
Because of how the country imploded on his watch in the last year of his presidency, ruining any good will that he built the first three years. He allowed tyrannical bureaucrats to hijack our freedoms and run our country into the ground. He did that. He has to defend that. He has to defend not firing Anthony Fauci like he explicitly and repeatedly said he would. He has to defend the milquetoast behavior of his Supreme Court nominees. He has to defend the trillion-dollar budget deficits.
 That's the problem. Gaming the system to gain a political office for his own fame is not the same as value, and it's not the same as leadership and competence. That's the mistake we made in 2016 on the right. And it was a mistake. We have to look at that, remember all of us who were screaming to stop this man, and admit those people were right. Celebrities can win political office. Ask Jesse Ventura or Arnold Schwarzenegger. But that doesn't make them leaders.

The country imploded?  So COVID was his fault?  He was threatened NOT to fire FAUCI and I believe Pence was involved in that.

I do most absolutely believe he should have calmed the insurrection as he promised from the get go.  He had the authority and instead he allowed it to be politicized.

He also had a great opportunity with a full majority in both Houses to get that wall built. He didn't.

We can lay out all the faults @jmyrlefuller but so far no one is stepping up to the plate and I believe Trump is looking like the best shot at the GOP gaining the oval office ... that is if he is healthy enough and wants to take on the major DEM headache again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2022, 07:38:41 am »

Now do Biden @jmyrlefuller

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2022, 12:18:35 pm »
Now do Biden @jmyrlefuller
He has to defend letting that puppet steal another election for the Democrats.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DB

« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2022, 02:31:33 pm »
The country imploded?  So COVID was his fault?  He was threatened NOT to fire FAUCI and I believe Pence was involved in that.

I do most absolutely believe he should have calmed the insurrection as he promised from the get go.  He had the authority and instead he allowed it to be politicized.

He also had a great opportunity with a full majority in both Houses to get that wall built. He didn't.

We can lay out all the faults @jmyrlefuller but so far no one is stepping up to the plate and I believe Trump is looking like the best shot at the GOP gaining the oval office ... that is if he is healthy enough and wants to take on the major DEM headache again.

By the time Biden is done nearly any Republican will be able to win the White House. Trump had his four years and it was chaos from start to finish. Lets give someone a try that has actual leadership skills that can motivate people to work as a team instead of a headmaster making demands/threats that alienates nearly everyone. Lets also vote for someone that has an understanding of the constitution because that isn't Trump. Trump certainly did some things right but some of the things he did wrong were devastating - such as signing off on spending about ten trillion dollars we didn't have. That was a substantial factor in the inflation in prices (the devaluing of the dollar) we are experiencing now. Biden just went further with the insanity.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2022, 05:19:59 pm »
Many of the things Trump did right were undone the second Biden entered the White House. I’d like someone who will lead NOT by executive order. That said, if he is the nominee, I will probably vote for him.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell