Author Topic: Will Europe Abandon Green Energy?  (Read 220 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Will Europe Abandon Green Energy?
« on: January 04, 2022, 01:01:46 am »
PowerLine Posted on January 3, 2022 by John Hinderaker

The European Union has led the way in transitioning from fossil fuels to “green” energy, i.e. wind and solar. But that effort has hit a snag: wind and solar don’t work, and energy costs in the EU are skyrocketing. Now a Reuters report suggests that the EU may be thinking about jumping ship:

The European Union has drawn up plans to label some natural gas and nuclear energy projects as “green” investments after a year-long battle between governments over which investments are truly climate-friendly.
    A draft of the Commission’s proposal, seen by Reuters, would label nuclear power plant investments as green if the project has a plan, funds and a site to safely dispose of radioactive waste. To be deemed green, new nuclear plants must receive construction permits before 2045.

Investments in natural gas power plants would also be deemed green if they produce emissions below 270g of CO2 equivalent per kilowatt hour (kWh), replace a more polluting fossil fuel plant, receive a construction permit by Dec. 31 2030 and plan to switch to low-carbon gases by the end of 2035.

More: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/01/will-europe-abandon-green-energy.php

Offline Kamaji

Re: Will Europe Abandon Green Energy?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 01:20:34 am »
In other words, they're jumping ship.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 11:43:22 am »
In other words, they're jumping ship.
Good!

Maybe the whole narrative of "Green Energy" will start falling apart.

And my grandkids will be able to buy a 2040 vehicle that runs on something besides pixie dust and unicorn farts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 12:18:33 pm »
Good!

Maybe the whole narrative of "Green Energy" will start falling apart.

And my grandkids will be able to buy a 2040 vehicle that runs on something besides pixie dust and unicorn farts.

Unfortunately, no, they're simply redefining the terms for their own benefit.  It's still all about "green" energy; it's just that certain mega-projects will now be redefined as being "green."  As far as private vehicles go, though, pixie dust and unicorn farts is all that will be on offer.