Author Topic: Gas prices in 2022 will be ‘front and loaded’: GasBuddy analyst  (Read 499 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
By Talia Kaplan FOXBusiness 12/30/2021

Patrick De Haan forecasts the highest gas prices ‘will be in the first half of the year’

Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy, warned on Thursday that gas prices in 2022 will be "front and loaded," noting that the highest gas prices "will be in the first half of the year."

Fuel projections from GasBuddy indicate that $4 per gallon as a national average is a real possibility for 2022.

De Haan told "Varney & Co." on Thursday that California could experience a state average price of more than $5 for gas.

The fuel savings platform predicts that a national average of $4 per gallon is possible by the spring on account of pandemic recovery and rising demand before relief or additional oil supply arrives later in 2022.

De Haan said that he believes that prices will get lower as the year ends, but warned that, still, at the end of 2022 prices "may not get under that $3 mark."

On Thursday, the national average for gas was $3.29, which is 11 cents lower than the month before and $1.03 more than the same time last year, according to AAA.

More: https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/gas-prices-in-2022-will-be-front-and-loaded-gasbuddy-analyst

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Gas prices in 2022 will be ‘front and loaded’: GasBuddy analyst
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 01:17:01 pm »
A minimal "disruption" in CA and Regular will be over $5 everywhere...we're over $4.50 now, won't take much.

There are places where it's higher ($5+), such as Death Valley and other remote locations or tourist traps...but generally, it's been stable for the past few weeks.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 01:40:14 pm »
Would that be "front-end loaded"?  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 08:21:35 pm »
Would that be "front-end loaded"?  **nononono*
I thought this was front end loaded

I thought that the gas prices were just getting

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 02:25:27 pm »
I thought this was front end loaded

I thought that the gas prices were just getting

Hilarious
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington