Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022  (Read 38193 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022
« Reply #4800 on: August 05, 2022, 07:03:49 pm »

And they would all be gay and bisexual ...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 07:04:46 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4801 on: August 05, 2022, 08:19:22 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4802 on: August 05, 2022, 09:34:48 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #4803 on: August 06, 2022, 02:53:22 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4804 on: August 06, 2022, 04:33:20 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4805 on: August 06, 2022, 06:11:05 pm »

I don't get it... Is something funny there?

Offline corbe

« Reply #4806 on: August 06, 2022, 06:28:40 pm »
   You are obviously a person that can afford to buy REAL Tupperware @roamer_1 so I assume you won't be bidding on My Classic Containers.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4807 on: August 06, 2022, 07:28:49 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #4808 on: August 06, 2022, 07:30:07 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4809 on: August 06, 2022, 09:03:06 pm »
   You are obviously a person that can afford to buy REAL Tupperware @roamer_1 so I assume you won't be bidding on My Classic Containers.

I already have them... And my 'tupperware' all has Cool Whip labels...  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4810 on: August 06, 2022, 09:05:16 pm »
What is really funny about it @corbe ,is that I DO save containers like that, for bringing stuff over to some house party or another... Don't have to worry nobody with getting your dishes back...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4811 on: August 06, 2022, 11:10:34 pm »
What is really funny about it @corbe ,is that I DO save containers like that, for bringing stuff over to some house party or another... Don't have to worry nobody with getting your dishes back...

My gourmet cook brother gives me his Sunday sauce in those containers.

And he will ONLY give me a refill with the cleaned container absent any evidence of tomato sauce.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4812 on: August 07, 2022, 12:39:14 am »
My gourmet cook brother gives me his Sunday sauce in those containers.

And he will ONLY give me a refill with the cleaned container absent any evidence of tomato sauce.   :laugh:

:laugh:

So you DO have to give it back... Or might as well...  :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4813 on: August 07, 2022, 12:48:26 am »
:laugh:

So you DO have to give it back... Or might as well...  :laugh:

LOL!  He started out giving me Pyrex and Corning dishes.  We've been brothers for 72 years! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4814 on: August 07, 2022, 12:50:55 am »

I buy Tupperware type containers at the Dollar store.  All different sizes are $1.25 and I don't have to worry about getting them back.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4815 on: August 07, 2022, 12:56:04 am »
I buy Tupperware type containers at the Dollar store.  All different sizes are $1.25 and I don't have to worry about getting them back.

Same thinking I guess... But I go through a butt-ton of sour cream... And a fair amount of Cool Whip... Might as well save the containers for that purpose.  :shrug:

There's probably eight medium sour cream jugs sitting in my tupperware drawer right now. I just seen the stack, as I used one to send my son on his way with some chili and corn bread the other day (which I am fairly famous for)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4816 on: August 07, 2022, 12:57:25 am »
No margarine tubs though. Ain't ever been any margarine in this house.
All butter all the time.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4817 on: August 07, 2022, 01:27:17 am »
I don't get it... Is something funny there?

Yes, it's a 6-piece matched set! 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4818 on: August 07, 2022, 01:38:10 am »
Same thinking I guess... But I go through a butt-ton of sour cream... And a fair amount of Cool Whip... Might as well save the containers for that purpose.  :shrug:

There's probably eight medium sour cream jugs sitting in my tupperware drawer right now. I just seen the stack, as I used one to send my son on his way with some chili and corn bread the other day (which I am fairly famous for)

...hmmm good idea -- empty sour cream containers will now go into the tupperware cabinet. 

Anybody remember saving jelly jars that had cartoon characters (if I recall they were Flinstones) on them for drinking glasses? 

Some gas stations used to give away glasses or mugs too. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4819 on: August 07, 2022, 01:42:58 am »
No margarine tubs though. Ain't ever been any margarine in this house.
All butter all the time.

Margarine is a crime against humanity.  Can't cook with it, tastes like crap.  No socially redeeming value.  I haven't tasted it in about 45 years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4820 on: August 07, 2022, 01:43:49 am »
Anybody remember saving jelly jars that had cartoon characters (if I recall they were Flinstones) on them for drinking glasses? 

Some gas stations used to give away glasses or mugs too.

YES. There's still a couple of them down at Ma's... We probably had the whole set at one time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4821 on: August 07, 2022, 01:44:50 am »
Margarine is a crime against humanity.  Can't cook with it, tastes like crap.  No socially redeeming value.  I haven't tasted it in about 45 years.

That's right. The only thing it is good for is throwing at people.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4822 on: August 07, 2022, 02:03:07 am »
Margarine is a crime against humanity.

As is astro-turf and the designated hitter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4823 on: August 07, 2022, 02:11:31 am »
As is astro-turf and the designated hitter.

Has MLB forced that on the NL yet?  They've been talking about it for years.

I hate it because when Pitchers don't have to face the 95 MPH fast ball, they get sloppy and start hitting Batters.  With 95 MPH fast balls.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 02:12:54 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4824 on: August 07, 2022, 01:25:41 pm »