Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022  (Read 38367 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2022
« Reply #2625 on: April 05, 2022, 03:18:36 pm »
Watch "Blacklist" on Netflix.
Watched the whole thing and enjoyed it very much.
The ending is stupid.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2626 on: April 05, 2022, 03:25:20 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2627 on: April 05, 2022, 03:25:44 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2628 on: April 05, 2022, 03:26:47 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2629 on: April 05, 2022, 03:27:10 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #2630 on: April 05, 2022, 03:59:12 pm »
   I'm so glad @Texas Robin is chilled, well at least 90% of the time.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2631 on: April 05, 2022, 06:42:45 pm »
It's monday again, fuuuuuuuu-
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2632 on: April 05, 2022, 07:01:24 pm »
The ending is stupid.
Yes, the ending was a letdown, but up to that the show was good.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2633 on: April 05, 2022, 07:12:36 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2634 on: April 05, 2022, 07:13:16 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2635 on: April 05, 2022, 07:14:03 pm »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2636 on: April 05, 2022, 07:25:07 pm »

Zero is the non-number number which changed reality and the world. Solve for zero is the basis of many higher math concepts.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/history-of-zero/

The number zero as we know it arrived in the West circa 1200, most famously delivered by Italian mathematician Fibonacci (aka Leonardo of Pisa), who brought it, along with the rest of the Arabic numerals, back from his travels to north Africa. But the history of zero, both as a concept and a number, stretches far deeper into history—so deep, in fact, that its provenance is difficult to nail down. 

"There are at least two discoveries, or inventions, of zero," says Charles Seife, author of Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea (Viking, 2000). "The one that we got the zero from came from the Fertile Crescent." It first came to be between 400 and 300 B.C. in Babylon, Seife says, before developing in India, wending its way through northern Africa and, in Fibonacci's hands, crossing into Europe via Italy. 

Initially, zero functioned as a mere placeholder—a way to tell 1 from 10 from 100, to give an example using Arabic numerals. "That's not a full zero," Seife says. "A full zero is a number on its own; it's the average of –1 and 1." 

It began to take shape as a number, rather than a punctuation mark between numbers, in India in the fifth century A.D., says Robert Kaplan, author of The Nothing That Is: A Natural History of Zero (Oxford University Press, 2000). "It isn't until then, and not even fully then, that zero gets full citizenship in the republic of numbers," Kaplan says. Some cultures were slow to accept the idea of zero, which for many carried darkly magical connotations. 

The second appearance of zero occurred independently in the New World, in Mayan culture, likely in the first few centuries A.D. "That, I suppose, is the most striking example of the zero being devised wholly from scratch," Kaplan says. 

Kaplan pinpoints an even earlier emergence of a placeholder zero, a pair of angled wedges used by the Sumerians to denote an empty number column some 4,000 to 5,000 years ago. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2637 on: April 05, 2022, 07:37:20 pm »
The ending is stupid.

@240B

I haven't watched the last season yet.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2638 on: April 05, 2022, 09:19:03 pm »
Zero is the non-number number which changed reality and the world. Solve for zero is the basis of many higher math concepts.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/history-of-zero/

The number zero as we know it arrived in the West circa 1200, most famously delivered by Italian mathematician Fibonacci (aka Leonardo of Pisa), who brought it, along with the rest of the Arabic numerals, back from his travels to north Africa. But the history of zero, both as a concept and a number, stretches far deeper into history—so deep, in fact, that its provenance is difficult to nail down. 

"There are at least two discoveries, or inventions, of zero," says Charles Seife, author of Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea (Viking, 2000). "The one that we got the zero from came from the Fertile Crescent." It first came to be between 400 and 300 B.C. in Babylon, Seife says, before developing in India, wending its way through northern Africa and, in Fibonacci's hands, crossing into Europe via Italy. 

Initially, zero functioned as a mere placeholder—a way to tell 1 from 10 from 100, to give an example using Arabic numerals. "That's not a full zero," Seife says. "A full zero is a number on its own; it's the average of –1 and 1." 

It began to take shape as a number, rather than a punctuation mark between numbers, in India in the fifth century A.D., says Robert Kaplan, author of The Nothing That Is: A Natural History of Zero (Oxford University Press, 2000). "It isn't until then, and not even fully then, that zero gets full citizenship in the republic of numbers," Kaplan says. Some cultures were slow to accept the idea of zero, which for many carried darkly magical connotations. 

The second appearance of zero occurred independently in the New World, in Mayan culture, likely in the first few centuries A.D. "That, I suppose, is the most striking example of the zero being devised wholly from scratch," Kaplan says. 

Kaplan pinpoints an even earlier emergence of a placeholder zero, a pair of angled wedges used by the Sumerians to denote an empty number column some 4,000 to 5,000 years ago. 

Zero is a really cool number!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2639 on: April 05, 2022, 09:36:13 pm »
Sean Stooges

Offline Kamaji

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2641 on: April 05, 2022, 10:33:01 pm »

Twitter up 25% after Musk buy! Damn it! I shorted.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2642 on: April 06, 2022, 01:35:54 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2643 on: April 06, 2022, 02:30:09 am »
OR a suicide :whistle:
Too many tracks for a rogue wave...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #2644 on: April 06, 2022, 02:51:43 am »
 I still remember when they did it like this.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2645 on: April 06, 2022, 11:58:14 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2646 on: April 06, 2022, 11:59:02 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2647 on: April 06, 2022, 11:59:52 am »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2648 on: April 06, 2022, 12:01:12 pm »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2649 on: April 06, 2022, 05:46:39 pm »
Adios