Author Topic: Rescue underway for at least 20 trapped on New Mexico tramway  (Read 220 times)

Offline libertybele

Rescue underway for at least 20 trapped on New Mexico tramway
« on: January 02, 2022, 02:36:44 am »
Rescue underway for at least 20 trapped on New Mexico tramway

At least 20 people have been trapped on a New Mexico tramway for at least 12 hours, from Friday night into Saturday, and a rescue mission is underway, the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office said. Moisture and winds caused icing to occur on the tramway, causing two tramcars to get stuck, Sandia Peak Tramway general manager Michael Donovan told CBS Albuquerque, New Mexico affiliate KQRE.

Jayme Fuller from the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office said that people are being rescued from the tourist attraction two to four at a time. Sandia Peak posted on Facebook that it is “working closely” with search and rescue.

Donovan told KQRE that the trapped people included employees from the tram and the Ten 3 restaurant at the peak. He said the tram cars are supplied with provisions like food and water and emergency heating blankets................

https://www.winknews.com/2022/01/01/rescue-underway-for-at-least-20-trapped-on-new-mexico-tramway/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Rescue underway for at least 20 trapped on New Mexico tramway
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 03:20:55 am »
In 1973, 41 people were stuck for 24 hours. In 1982, 49 people were stuck for five hours. Thirty years later, in 2012, 20 people were stuck for five hours and then last year 20 people were stuck for four hours.

https://www.koat.com/article/rescue-efforts-underway-at-sandia-peak-tramway/38649042

I'm pretty sure I would have chosen to wait in the car.    88devil

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Rescue underway for at least 20 trapped on New Mexico tramway
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 04:16:35 am »
I'm pretty sure I would have chosen to wait in the car.    88devil

Lived there 5 years. I am sure I used that tramway at least once.  I hate stuff like this, but husband liked danger!  I prefer a car too.  All of this stuff, is,  ONLY A MATTER OF TIME.