Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 63666 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2022, 11:46:18 am »
@Gefn
I had no idea he was anywhere close to being 94 years old.

Me too, @sneakypete

What a talented actor he was. RIP.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2022, 08:59:14 pm »
Woodstock festival co-creator Michael Lang dies

Associated Press - Updated: 3:42 p.m. on Sunday, January 9, 2022

NEW YORK — Michael Lang, a co-creator and promoter of the 1969 Woodstock music festival that served as a touchstone for generations of music fans, has died.

Michael Pagnotta, a spokesperson for Lang’s family, said Sunday the 77-year-old had been battling non-Hodgkin lymphoma and passed away Saturday at New York’s Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.

“He was absolutely a historic figure, and also a great guy,” Pagnotta, who said he had known Lang for about 30 years, told The Associated Press. “Both of those things go hand in hand.”

Along with partners Artie Kornfeld, John Roberts and Joel Rosenman, Lang put together the festival billed as “three days of peace and music” in the summer of 1969 as the Vietnam War raged and led increasing numbers of disaffected young Americans to turn away from traditional mores and embraced a lifestyle that celebrated freedom of expression.

Roughly 400,000 people descended on the hamlet of Bethel, about 50 miles (80 kilometers) northwest of New York City and endured miles-long traffic jams, torrential rains, food shortages and overwhelmed sanitary facilities. More than 30 acts performed on the concert’s main stage at the base of a hill on land owned by farmer Max Yasgur, and concertgoers were treated to iconic performances from artists including Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, The Who and Jefferson Airplane...........

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jan/9/michael-lang-woodstock-festival-co-creator-dies-at/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2022, 11:21:23 pm »
I was there.
Thanks, Mike.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2022, 11:43:06 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 12:38:37 am »
Bob Saget Dead at 65
    Exclusive
1/9/2022 4:28 PM PT

Bob Saget has died at the age of 65 ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the iconic comedian and actor -- most famous for his starring role as Danny Tanner in 'Full House' -- tell us he passed away Sunday at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando.

The Sheriff's Department and the fire department responded to the hotel around 4 PM ET ... after hotel security had found Bob in his room. We're told he was pronounced dead on the scene, but the circumstances of his death are still unclear.

Bob's been touring the country lately, hitting a lot of destinations throughout the state of Florida, including in Orlando, which got started in September and was supposed to take him through May. ...

Story at TMZ
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2022, 12:46:04 am »
I wouldn't call Bob Saget a comedian.  But 65 is early for anyone.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2022, 12:53:59 am »
Marilyn Bergman, award-winning lyricist, has died at 93
By Raja Razek and Dakin Andone, CNN
Updated 6:17 PM ET, Sat January 8, 2022
Award-winning lyricist Marilyn Bergman died Saturday morning at her home in Los Angeles, according to her daughter Julie Bergman. She was 93.

Along with her husband and collaborator Alan, Bergman was nominated for 16 Academy Awards over the course of her career and won three, including for the song "The Way We Were" from the 1973 film that shared its name and starred Barbra Streisand. The song -- with music by composer Marvin Hamlisch -- also won two Grammys.

"She has been declining for the last couple of years, and in the last several weeks, it was clear that she was getting ready to leave, and she died very peacefully without any pain or struggle," Julie Bergman told CNN in a phone call. "My father and I were with her, and it was beautiful, and she looked beautiful, and it was very peaceful."

Bergman had "some pneumonia which leads to respiratory failure in patients like this," her daughter said.  ...

Nice'n'Easy
Steyn's Serenade Radio Song of the Week
by Lew Spence and Alan and Marilyn Bergman
January 9, 2022
Steyn Online

Yesterday, in the early hours of the morning, one of the most successful of all songwriting partnerships came to an end with the death of Marilyn Bergman. Marilyn and her husband Alan had written together for two-thirds of a century: songs for blockbuster movies, classic albums, the Top 40 singles chart, including "The Windmills of Your Mind", "The Way We Were", "You Don't Bring Me Flowers", "It Might Be You", and many more, all sung by the best singers from Sinatra and Streisand to Sting and Dusty Springfield. ...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2022, 12:55:01 am »
I wouldn't call Bob Saget a comedian.  But 65 is early for anyone.
Bob Bleeping Saget.

The guy who could be the most family-friendly guy on TV then as soon as the cameras go off drop enough F-bombs to level a small city.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2022, 02:13:57 am »
Saget's last tweet was at 3:42 a.m. on Sunday, posting a picture from a comedy show where he had performed in Jacksonville.

https://twitter.com/bobsaget/status/1480097652851286017
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2022, 01:35:50 pm »
 Jan 9, 2022 11:16am PT
Dick Carson, Director on ‘The Tonight Show’ and ‘Wheel of Fortune,’ Dies at 92
J. Kim Murphy
Variety
Dick Carson, a TV director who worked on “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” and was the younger brother to the show’s host, died on Dec. 19, 2021 following a brief illness. He was 92 years old.

Carson’s death was announced by his family through publicist Charlie Barrett.

Born on June 4, 1929 in Clarinda, Iowa, Richard Charles Carson was the youngest of three children to Homer Lloyd and Ruth Hook Carson.

Carson began his career working in Nebraska radio before relocating to San Diego to serve at the NBC affiliate KOGO TV. Beginning work as a “floor man,” Carson worked his way up to directing commercials and local news and sports shows. Carson moved to Los Angeles in 1960 to take on a position directing children’s television programs like “Chucko the Birthday Clown” and “The Soupy Sales Show.”

Dick Carson was recommended by his brother, Johnny Carson, to join the N.Y. crew of “The Tonight Show” in the months before Carson would take over hosting duties. Carson directed musical talent, guest appearances and sketches featuring the show’s host....

Online rustynail

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2022, 06:55:08 pm »
Robert Durst, Convicted Murderer and ‘The Jinx’ Subject, Dies at 78

Online mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2022, 06:58:26 pm »
Robert Durst, Convicted Murderer and ‘The Jinx’ Subject, Dies at 78
More here:
... Robert Durst, the bizarre New York real estate scion and long suspected serial killer recently convicted in his pal’s murder, has died. He was 78.

Durst was sentenced to life in prison in October for the execution-style killing of his longtime confidant Susan Berman, and soon after he was indicted for the 1982 murder of his wife, Kathleen Durst.

Durst’s lawyer confirmed his passing, telling ABC News that his client’s death “was due to natural causes” from his many medical issues.

His health had been failing for some time. Late last year he was placed on a ventilator after testing positive for COVID-19. He had also battled bladder cancer.

The Westchester native was born into one of New York’s wealthiest families — but became best known for his ties to numerous headline-grabbing misdeeds, including the disappearance of his wife and the murders of his best friend and a neighbor in Texas. ...
NY Post

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2022, 08:32:10 pm »
More here:NY Post

At least his 'life in prison' was short saving the taxpayers lots of money.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2022, 08:35:01 pm »
There was no foul play, nothing odd at all. He died in his sleep': Mystery as Full House legend Bob Saget, 65, with NO apparent underlying health conditions, passes away in Orlando hotel room

A well place source tells DailyMail.com that Full House star Bob Saget died suddenly in his sleep
    'There was no foul play, nothing odd at all. All we have been told is that he died in his sleep,' the source said
    His family were not aware of any underlying health conditions that could have abruptly taken his life
    Saget was found in his room by hotel employees about 4 p.m. and was pronounced dead at the scene
    Scant details around Saget's death are currently available - police say they are no obvious signs of drugs or foul play
    Saget's family wrote they were 'devastated' and asked fans to join them 'remembering the love and laughter'
    Comedian performed in Jacksonville, Florida, on Saturday and sent a final upbeat tweet late after the show
    Saget  was first known for his raunchy, profane stand-up comedy before starring on ABC's sitcom Full House   
    Full House costars John Stamos, Dave Coulier and Candace Cameron Bure were among those paying tribute
    He had face family tragedies in the past, losing his sister Andrea to a brain aneurysm in 1985 and his other sister Gay, who died of an autoimmune disease scleroderma in 1994
    Saget is believed to have been healthy - he was fully vaccinated against COVID and got his booster shot a month ago

By Ben Ashford In Orlando, Florida For Dailymail.Com and Brian Marks For Dailymail.com

Published: 07:27 EST, 10 January 2022 | Updated: 15:23 EST, 10 January 2022

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10386581/Bob-Saget-said-loving-minute-stage-haunting-final-Instagram-post.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2022, 08:43:18 pm »
Saget is believed to have been healthy - he was fully vaccinated against COVID and got his booster shot a month ago

:pondering:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2022, 09:30:26 pm »

:pondering:

Truly makes you wonder doesn't it?? 

Hubby and I just had a discussion at lunch again as to whether or not to vaccinate because FL is seeing such a high number of cases.

Bottom line is neither one of us trusts the government nor the vaccines, so we're still of the same thinking on this. 

Both of us are over 60, I have heart issues and other health problems and he has diabetes and heart issues....we just can't bring ourselves to getting the jab.  :shrug:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2022, 11:08:38 pm »
"A well place source tells DailyMail.com that Full House star Bob Saget died suddenly in his sleep
    'There was no foul play, nothing odd at all. All we have been told is that he died in his sleep,' the source said
    His family were not aware of any underlying health conditions that could have abruptly taken his life "

First, I'd never heard of Bob Saget until I read the news about his death.

Having said that, this is "the way I want to go":
In my sleep, with no immediate "conditions".
Just here, and then not here anymore...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2022, 11:13:43 pm »
"A well place source tells DailyMail.com that Full House star Bob Saget died suddenly in his sleep
    His family were not aware of any underlying health conditions that could have abruptly taken his life "

First, I'd never heard of Bob Saget until I read the news about his death.

Having said that, this is "the way I want to go":
In my sleep, with no immediate "conditions".
Just here, and then not here anymore...

Absolutely I agree, dying in your sleep is definitely much better than fighting pain and illness and then finally dying. You don't get to make plans or get final issues in order when you leave this earth in your sleep, but it's a peaceful way to go.

Offline verga

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2022, 12:56:50 am »
Absolutely I agree, dying in your sleep is definitely much better than fighting pain and illness and then finally dying. You don't get to make plans or get final issues in order when you leave this earth in your sleep, but it's a peaceful way to go.
I want to go in my quietly sleep, just like my Grandfather, not Yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2022, 12:59:45 am »
I want to go in my quietly sleep, just like my Grandfather, not Yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

:silly:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2022, 10:12:16 pm »
Ronnie Spector, Beloved Ronettes Singer, Dead at 78

Ronnie Spector, the leader of the girl group the Ronettes and the voice behind immortal classics like “Be My Baby” and “Walking in the Rain,” died Wednesday after a brief battle with cancer. She was 78.

“Ronnie lived her life with a twinkle in her eye, a spunky attitude, a wicked sense of humor and a smile on her face,” her family said in a statement. “She was filled with love and gratitude. Her joyful sound, playful nature and magical presence will live on in all who knew, heard or saw her.

Spector sang with the Ronettes from their formation in 1959 through their dissolution in 1967, though there were several reunions over the past few decades. Working with Phil Spector, they recorded many of the greatest songs of the girl group era. They separated in 1972 and she chronicled the painful chapter of her life in the 1990 memory Be My Baby. She was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2007. Last year, “Be My Baby” ranked at Number 22 on Rolling Stone‘s list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

This story is developing…

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ronettes-ronnie-spector-dead-1283586/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2022, 10:38:50 pm »
Aw, I liked Ronnie. She seemed like a sweetie.

She was great on Eddie Money's 'Take Me Home Tonight'.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2022, 10:50:48 pm »
She was great on Eddie Money's 'Take Me Home Tonight'.
I heard that on the radio today - didn't realize that may have been why they were playing it.  :crying: