Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 64617 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2022, 02:47:29 am »
Oh shoot. Rest In Peace Johnny Fever. I’ll miss you

The Bengals won it today for Johnny!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2022, 01:20:57 pm »
Dr. Jonny Fever has passed.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/howard-hesseman-dead-wkrp-cincinnati-1235084085/

@Cyber Liberty
@txradioguy

All right, Cincinnati, it is time for this town to get down! You've got Johnny... Dr. Johnny Fever, and I am burning up in here! WHOA! We ALL in critical condition babies, but you can tell me where it hurts, 'cause I got the healing prescription here from the big 'KRP musical medicine cabinet! Now I am talking about your 50,000-watt intensive CARE unit, babies! So just sit right down, relax, open your ears REAL wide and say "Give it to me straight, doctor, I can take it!" I almost forgot, fellow babies... BOOGER!

That show was one of my motivations for getting into radio.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2022, 03:06:02 pm »
That show was one of my motivations for getting into radio.

I was already into it by then.  My first job was being a DJ at 16.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2022, 03:09:34 pm »

I did not know they had radio back then....  :whistle:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2022, 03:16:00 pm »

Well, he broadcasted it in Morse Code.  No music yet just Tap Radio.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2022, 03:24:24 pm »

KILT Houston, Texas, 1966. 610 on your radio dial.  Not an on air personality.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2022, 03:29:41 pm »

That radio station had a Marconi transmitter.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2022, 03:30:22 pm »
KILT Houston, Texas, 1966. 610 on your radio dial.  Not an on air personality.

Well, you didn't miss much.  I mean being stuck in a 10X6 padded cell surrounded by cart machines and vinyl for hours at a time getting yelled at by the station manager for a myriad of unwritten radio nonoes. I mean farting on air is funny right?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2022, 03:51:18 pm »
Well, you didn't miss much.  I mean being stuck in a 10X6 padded cell surrounded by cart machines and vinyl for hours at a time getting yelled at by the station manager for a myriad of unwritten radio nonoes. I mean farting on air is funny right?

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2022, 02:29:03 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2022, 11:06:22 am »
Hargus Robbins, who played some of the most famous piano licks in country music history, dies at 84.
https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/hargus-pig-robbins-the-fingers-of-country-music-has-died/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2022, 12:27:46 pm »
Former major league baseball player Jeremy Giambi, younger brother of Jason Giambi. Played for the As, Red Sox, Phillies and Royals.
Former MLB outfielder and DH Jeremy Giambi was found dead on Wednesday at his parents’ home in Southern California. Giambi was 47.

Early reporting by TMZ noted that Giambi’s cause of death was believed to be suicide, according to law enforcement on the ground.

Per the report’s update:

“Officials believe Jeremy Giambi died by suicide. …
Outkick
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2022, 01:01:40 pm »
Former major league baseball player Jeremy Giambi, younger brother of Jason Giambi. Played for the As, Red Sox, Phillies and Royals.Outkick

@mountaineer

NOTHING says "self-centered SOB" like committing suicide at your parents home so they are the ones that find you."

Yeah,I know he must have had emotional problems.

So what? What he did showed a total lack of consideration for his parents,and was totally unnecessary. He had a whole damn world to commit suicide in,and in ALL the places he had to choose from,he picked the ONLY one where they would be the ones to find him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2022, 03:40:29 pm »
I have to admit, @sneakypete , I have a hard time understanding suicide. It must have been horrible for his parents to find him. Some friends of mine came home one day to find their adult son dead on the back patio, having OD'd on heroin or some such thing. I can't even imagine.  **nononono*

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2022, 02:47:01 pm »
I have to admit, @sneakypete , I have a hard time understanding suicide. It must have been horrible for his parents to find him. Some friends of mine came home one day to find their adult son dead on the back patio, having OD'd on heroin or some such thing. I can't even imagine.  **nononono*
As someone who has actively contemplated the idea multiple times over the years (dating all the way back to middle school) even though I've never actually come close to following through... eventually someone at that point decides that "you know what? When I'm gone, it's no longer my problem." A suicidal person's goal is to end their troubles once and for all, by whatever means necessary.

But if sneakypete thinks that at home is going to be any worse of an emotional shock than, say, disappearing—it may be less of a shock at first but in the long run, the agony from lack of closure is going to be just as bad.

Me? I love my extended family too much to do that to them... but other than that, I really don't know why I stay here. But that's a topic for another discussion.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2022, 06:51:28 pm »
Me? I love my extended family too much to do that to them... but other than that, I really don't know why I stay here. But that's a topic for another discussion.
When I was near drowning in the Current River after a canoeing accident one day, trapped underwater by vegetation, I had two thoughts: what the story would look like in the Post-Dispatch (little knowing that I would become a newspaper reporter myself a few years later) and how my family would grieve. I didn't want to die, because I didn't want my parents to go through it.  :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2022, 02:41:03 pm »
Published 21 hours ago
Last Update 1 hour ago
Fox News Channel original Jim Angle dead at 75
Angle joined Fox News during its inaugural year in 1996
By Brian Flood | Fox News
... Angle joined Fox News Channel when the network launched in 1996 as a senior White House correspondent where he appeared nightly on "Special Report with Brit Hume." Angle, who was also a regular substitute anchor for "Special Report," covered many of the most important news stories from the early years of Fox News.

The Texas-native covered former-President Bill Clinton’s 1996 reelection, his 1999 impeachment trial, and accompanied the president on key overseas trips. In 2000, Angle reported live from former Vice President Gore's headquarters in Nashville during the Florida recount process.    ...

Brit Hume @brithume
He was there at the start, covering the White House. His work was solid, substantive, fair and insightful. And he was great fun to be around.
Fox News Channel original Jim Angle dead at 75

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2022, 02:50:06 pm »
Director Ivan Reitman dies at 75.

He was best known for his comedies, including Stripes, Meatballs, Beethoven, Ghostbusters, and a string of Arnold Schwarzenegger comedies.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ivan-reitman-dead-dies-ghostbusters-director-1235180792/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2022, 05:01:32 pm »
He was best known for his comedies, including Stripes, Meatballs, Beethoven, Ghostbusters, and a string of Arnold Schwarzenegger comedies.

And that's a fact, Jack!
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2022, 08:56:05 pm »
There are reports that P.J. O'Rourke is dead, mostly tweeted by his friends and associates.
Drew Cline  @DrewHampshire
I just confirmed with PJ’s publicist that it’s true. RIP, my friend. You’ll be deeply, deeply missed. Damnit.
2:55 PM · Feb 15, 2022
NH Journal@NewHampJournal

Friend of NHJournal -- and a hero to every fan of brilliant and hilarious political commentary -- P.J. O'Rourke has passed away.
He cannot be replaced, and he deserves a state funeral which, in perfect O'Rourke fashion, would cost 500% over projections and bury the wrong body.
2:59 PM · Feb 15, 2022·
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 08:59:34 pm by mountaineer »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2022, 09:11:00 pm »
There are reports that P.J. O'Rourke is dead, mostly tweeted by his friends and associates.

That sucks.  As much as anyone, he helped shaped my political thinking as a young man.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2022, 09:20:18 pm »
LEGEND LOST PJ O’Rourke dead at 74 – Ex-editor of National Lampoon & beloved journalist mourned for ‘great literary accomplishments’
Israel Salas-Rodriguez
20:33, 15 Feb 2022 Updated: 21:08, 15 Feb 2022

FORMER Editor of National Lampoon and beloved journalist Partick PJ O'Rourke has died at 74, as he's mourned for his "great literary accomplishments."

News of the journalist's death was confirmed by United Talent Agency on Tuesday. His cause of death has yet to be determined.  ...

A fixture in journalism, O'Rourke was a regular correspondent for The Atlantic Monthly, The American Spectator and The Weekly Standard.

The 74-year-old was also a frequent panelist on NPR's game show Wait Wait… Don't Tell Me! and columnist at The Daily Beast.  ... The Sun (U.K.)

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2022, 09:22:59 pm »
LEGEND LOST PJ O’Rourke dead at 74 – Ex-editor of National Lampoon & beloved journalist mourned for ‘great literary accomplishments’
Israel Salas-Rodriguez
20:33, 15 Feb 2022 Updated: 21:08, 15 Feb 2022

FORMER Editor of National Lampoon and beloved journalist Partick PJ O'Rourke has died at 74, as he's mourned for his "great literary accomplishments."

News of the journalist's death was confirmed by United Talent Agency on Tuesday. His cause of death has yet to be determined.  ...

A fixture in journalism, O'Rourke was a regular correspondent for The Atlantic Monthly, The American Spectator and The Weekly Standard.

The 74-year-old was also a frequent panelist on NPR's game show Wait Wait… Don't Tell Me! and columnist at The Daily Beast.  ... The Sun (U.K.)

R.I.P.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2022, 09:30:16 pm »

R.I.P.

Damn. He lived not too from me. One of the funniest men on the planet, and so incredible smart and inventive.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2022, 09:36:00 pm »
I loved PJ for quite a while.  His first two names were the same as mine.
I will NOT comply.