Author Topic: Fish fall from the sky during rain in east Texas, city reacts  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Fish fall from the sky during rain in east Texas, city reacts
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2022, 07:04:54 pm »
We both know how rare you are in your field.

@Smokin Joe is in a field that punishes poor data and bad science, so probably not so rare.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2022, 07:06:38 pm »
@Smokin Joe is in a field that punishes poor data and bad science, so probably not so rare.
We're still allowed to say "I don't know.", simply because that is the right answer.

No shame in that, just an excuse (as if we needed one) to do some research.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2022, 07:12:00 pm »
We're still allowed to say "I don't know.", simply because that is the right answer.

No shame in that, just an excuse (as if we needed one) to do some research.

"I don't know" is a reasonable answer when the data doesn't support any of your hypotheses.  IOW, it's Pure Science.

Making crap up is the opposite.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2022, 07:15:40 pm »

Indeed. But in greater 'science' such a field is rare. Forgive me if I am jaded. My chosen field would have been Archaeology or anthropology... I quickly found my conservative views and willingness to buck the status quo because the evidence demanded it to be traits that were intolerable to the PTB.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2022, 07:31:06 pm »
Indeed. But in greater 'science' such a field is rare. Forgive me if I am jaded. My chosen field would have been Archaeology or anthropology... I quickly found my conservative views and willingness to buck the status quo because the evidence demanded it to be traits that were intolerable to the PTB.

I'm jaded, too after the past couple of years especially.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2022, 07:31:51 pm »
If you laugh at the phrase..."...Obviously something of great religious significance..." you will get drummed out of the corps!!! :silly:

There is a LOT of room in archaeology for people who recognize that people were generally motivated by and reacted to the same sort of things modern people do, only with different tech. Human nature hasn't changed, even if the trimmings have.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2022, 07:35:15 pm »
I'm jaded, too after the past couple of years especially.
I don't get it.

We have viral researchers creating disease pathogens...

Doctors who refuse to treat their patients....

A government reserving effective treatments for those who likely voted for it....

and contradictory nonsense that just is not supported by data...

and hiding any data to keep from being refuted.

Right up there with the climate people.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2022, 07:44:35 pm »
I don't get it.

A government reserving effective treatments for those who likely voted for it....

The Scientists I worked with for over 25 years were PhD level Electrical Engineers.  That field will punish you severely when you are wrong and can't say "I dunno" when you don't have the answer.  It's the nature of STEM majors.

Screw up a transistor model, lose Market Share for your end product.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2022, 07:53:07 pm »
I don't get it.

It is mind-blowing how widespread the deception is.

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

John 3:19-20
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2022, 08:14:51 pm »
It is mind-blowing how widespread the deception is.

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.  For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

John 3:19-20

The deception of Babylon (confusion)...