Author Topic: Harry Reid to lie in state at Capitol on Jan. 12  (Read 213 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harry Reid to lie in state at Capitol on Jan. 12
« on: January 03, 2022, 02:33:20 pm »
Harry Reid to lie in state at Capitol on Jan. 12
By Caroline Vakil - 01/02/22 07:45 PM EST

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will lie in state at the Capitol on Jan. 12, congressional leaders announced Sunday night.

A joint statement from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y) said the formal arrival and departure ceremonies will be open to invited guests only, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Senator Harry Reid was a titan of public service, who for more than four decades fought relentlessly for working families like his own,” Pelosi said in the statement.

"It is my solemn honor as House Speaker to pay tribute to a legendary leader, a great American and my dear friend, Senator Harry Reid," she added.

“He was tough-as-nails strong, but caring and compassionate, and always went out of his way quietly to help people who needed help," Schumer added of Reid.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/587941-congressional-leaders-finalizing-plans-to-have-harry-reid-lie-in-state-at
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Harry Reid to lie in state at Capitol on Jan. 12
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 11:13:20 pm »
Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 11:14:51 pm »
I could truly care less.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 11:48:24 pm »
So what?  Reid's legacy is that he destroyed the US Senate to expediently ram Obamacare down America's throat by 1 vote.

Something as sweeping as Obamacare should have been a Constituional ammendment, which would have required a super majority and consent from the states.

Reid allowed the Federal Government to seize power from the states without the consent of the states and without the consent of the people.

Now, the Dems are trying the same tactic to Federalize elections without consent of the people nor the states.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 12:06:31 am »
The lying lair lies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 07:51:04 am »
May Nancy P closely follow him to the much hotter climates.
 :smokin:  Your big boss is patiently waiting your arrival.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 09:08:36 am »
Yet another 'found worthy' of apotheosis.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 10:00:39 am »
Trash takes care of it's own.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!