Author Topic: New York Covid Testing and Treatment: White People Need Not Apply  (Read 219 times)

rangerrebew

New York Covid Testing and Treatment: White People Need Not Apply

Jan 2, 2022 7:00 am By Robert Spencer 5 Comments
Spread the news

My latest in PJ Media:

Martin Luther King, Jr. dreamed of a day when people would be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. That day has not yet dawned in New York, at least when it comes to Covid testing and treatment. On December 27, the New York State Department of Health issued a memo to health care providers and facilities on the authorization and “severe shortage” of oral antiviral and monoclonal antibody treatments for Covid, directing that non-white people be given priority for such treatments. Meanwhile, white people are also being passed over for Covid testing in New York City.

The New York State Health Department’s memo stipulated five conditions for allowing patients access to oral antiviral treatments. One of them was that they “have a medical condition or other factors that increase their risk for severe illness.” The department specified that “non-white race or Hispanic/Latino ethnicity should be considered a risk factor, as longstanding systemic health and social inequalities have contributed to an increased risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19.”

This is not science; it’s race-hate mythology on the order of the Nation of Islam’s febrile nightmare of the demonic Dr. Yakub concocting the white race on the island of Madagascar. There is absolutely no way to determine whether or not black and Hispanic people are at greater risk of getting an airborne viral infection because of past or present racism. What’s more, the department’s assumption can be turned on its head, with white New Yorkers arguing that their being sent to the back of the line for oral antiviral treatments is systemic racism that is endangering their health.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2022/01/new-york-covid-testing-and-treatment-white-people-need-not-apply

Online Kamaji

Re: New York Covid Testing and Treatment: White People Need Not Apply
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 07:33:59 pm »
So, in other words, because of fake or imagined racism in the past, NYS is going to engage in actual systemic racism that will, in fact, endanger the lives of those being discriminated against.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 08:35:30 pm »
No wonder New Yorkers rioted against military conscription after the Emancipation Proclamation.

Prescient?

You decide.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 08:39:04 pm »
For me, hospitals have become very hostile.  Dangerous.
------------------------------------------
https://www.theepochtimes.com/fights-covid-like-hydroxychloroquine-yet-easier-to-find_4179040.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 10:36:34 pm »
For me, hospitals have become very hostile.  Dangerous.
------------------------------------------
https://www.theepochtimes.com/fights-covid-like-hydroxychloroquine-yet-easier-to-find_4179040.html
Hospitals and testing sites. Sick people congregate there and those places have potential to be pathogen exchanges. Even before COVID, nosocomical infections were a problem for hospitals (MRSA, especially), but  we somehow haven't heard anything about that with COVID, except as an excuse to run off the unjabbed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis