Author Topic: Ghislaine Maxwell trial: Key moments from the first week  (Read 1267 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Ghislaine Maxwell trial: Key moments from the first week
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2021, 10:43:34 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2021, 05:31:32 pm »
Jury deliberations resumed today.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2021, 07:01:07 pm »
Am I getting a whiff of grounds for appeal?

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec
·
3m

BREAKING: Ghislaine Maxwell judge says trial is at risk from Omicron and pressures jurors to return verdict quickly

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2021, 07:05:17 pm »
Although I had hoped names would be named and that powerful pedophiles would topple, it appears there will be business as usual in some venue, somewhere, and those purveyors and participants in pedophilia will continue with little interruption in the perversion.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2021, 08:12:56 pm »
Ghislaine Maxwell judge says trial is at risk from Omicron and pressures jurors to return verdict quickly
This is beyond improper.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2021, 02:35:13 pm »
Today's deliberations:

Inner City Press
@innercitypress

OK - in US v. #GhislaineMaxwell, jury deliberating under threat of continuing into New Years Eve & Day due to Omicron (but no public call-in line), the lawyers are assembled, GMax is at defense table and we're off - Inner City Press will live tweet, thread below

Ghislaine Maxwell is in a maroon sweater. Judge Nathan is still not on the bench, but word is, There is a jury note. They resumed at 9 am, so a note by 9:33 am is relatively early. For them. Comparatively.
9:33 AM · Dec 29, 2021·

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2021, 03:19:13 pm »
Inner City Press
@innercitypress
Judge Nathan: Given my concern about Omicron, quarantine for 10 days, we need to proceed every day.
AUSA: We agree, every day absent a hardship.
Judge Nathan: So I'm going to tell them, Yes, 12/31, 1/1 and 1/2 unless you reach a verdict. Unless unmovable conflict.
9:58 AM · Dec 29, 2021

**nononono*

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2021, 06:39:20 pm »
Pretty stupid of the judge; unless he wants a verdict that is as easy to undo as possible.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2021, 06:42:31 pm »
Pretty stupid of the judge; unless he wants a verdict that is as easy to undo as possible.
Yeah, I thought it was a bit strange to be forcing the jury to work on holidays, let alone blaming it on the common cold.
But she's a hack, so ...

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2021, 06:50:47 pm »
Yeah, I thought it was a bit strange to be forcing the jury to work on holidays, let alone blaming it on the common cold.
But she's a hack, so ...

It's not so much the issue of forcing them to work on a holiday - there could be lots of reasons for that - but specifically telling them that unless they come to a verdict before the holiday, they will have to work over the holiday.  Expressing it in those terms can be seen as expressly encouraging the jurors to come to a verdict they would not have come to on their own volition, just to avoid working over the holiday, and could be seen by an appeals court as skewing the jury's judgment.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2021, 06:51:15 pm »
The judge is washing his hands of the whole thing. Judge seems to be deliberately sending the trial to appeal no matter which verdict is announced.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2021, 07:25:52 pm »
The judge is washing his hands of the whole thing. Judge seems to be deliberately sending the trial to appeal no matter which verdict is announced.

The decision would go on appeal no matter what the verdict was anyways; the judge, however, seems to be setting things up so that it's more likely that a guilty verdict would be overturned on appeal.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2021, 08:26:21 pm »
The decision would go on appeal no matter what the verdict was anyways; the judge, however, seems to be setting things up so that it's more likely that a guilty verdict would be overturned on appeal.
Something like that. Maybe the Judge is aiming for a mistrial? Either way it is clear the Judge does not want to work on the holidays.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2021, 11:56:38 pm »
Looks like the judge successfully hammered the jury into rendering a verdict.

Offline LegalAmerican