Author Topic: Gas Prices Set To Surge Again, Industry Analysis Shows  (Read 296 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gas Prices Set To Surge Again, Industry Analysis Shows
« on: December 28, 2021, 08:42:34 pm »
Gas Prices Set To Surge Again, Industry Analysis Shows

Thomas Catenacci
Energy & Environment Reporter
December 28, 2021 2:48 PM ET

The price of gasoline is set to increase to $4 per gallon or more within five months, according to an industry analysis released Tuesday.

The gas price surge is forecasted to take place by Memorial Day in late May, according to the report from GasBuddy, an app that tracks pump prices, and shared with CNN. But the analysis said the average cost of gasoline at pumps nationwide would then fall throughout the summer and fall of 2022, declining below current prices.

“We could see a national average that flirts with, or in a worst-case scenario, potentially exceeds $4 a gallon,” Patrick De Haan, the director of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy, told CNN.

While the average price could surpass $4 per gallon by May, the forecast said it would most likely peak near $3.79 per gallon in May, CNN reported. In June and July, prices will reportedly decline slightly to about $3.78 per gallon and $3.57 per gallon, respectively, before dropping sharply.

“Demand has come roaring back,” De Haan said, according to CNN. “But supply is still catching up after getting cut greatly in 2020.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/28/gasoline-prices-memorial-day-4-dollars-gallon-gasbuddy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Gas Prices Set To Surge Again, Industry Analysis Shows
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 09:13:46 pm »
I filled up today at $2.54.

Expect it to go to $3 in the upcoming month
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 01:45:02 pm »
Still haven't heard the long term capacity effects of last week's fire at the Exxon Baytown Refinery.  Which at last glance was  the 3rd largest refinery in the country
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 11:05:05 pm »
Oil prices are moving up already.

Just checked:

Not that long ago, prices were in the low 70's, even dropping into the high 60's.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 12:05:36 am »
Wait, you mean gas prices go up in the spring and summer and down in the fall (except the major holidays) and winter?

Earth-shattering news there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 01:28:55 pm »
https://www.claimsjournal.com/news/southcentral/2021/12/27/307753.htm

Fire was at the desulfurization unit, and of course the "reduced rates" mantra is provided. Actual rate reductions are closely guarded business secrets, and  I haven't worked at a refinery in 10 years, but my guess on experience that it is somewhere between 10 and 25%  of capacity, and that translates to somewhere 50-125K  BPD. And that is enough of a dip to impact prices at the pump.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.