Author Topic: Harry Reid, political pugilist and longtime Senate majority leader, dies  (Read 1653 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Harry Reid, political pugilist and longtime Senate majority leader, dies
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2021, 02:40:10 am »
Death would become them.  But Biden needs to lead the way.

It's amazing isn't it how popular they are to have been elected so many times over and over again?  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2021, 04:08:09 am »
Just one less example of Evil on earth!

Many more need to go.... 888high58888

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2021, 04:09:35 am »
It's amazing isn't it how popular they are to have been elected so many times over and over again?  :shrug:

Making a joke?  Sarcasm?  Voter fraud.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2021, 04:11:18 am »

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2021, 04:28:00 am »
At least Harry Reid paved the way for Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett to join the Supreme Court.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2021, 05:31:51 am »

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2021, 05:36:34 am »
Harry Reid, former Senate majority leader, dead at 82
Reid, diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2018, served in Congress from 1983 until 2017
Fox News, Dec 28, 2021

Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid died Tuesday at the age of 82.

Reid, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2018, served in Congress from 1983 until his retirement in 2017. He announced in 2019 his cancer was in remission.

A Democrat representing Nevada, Reid served as senate majority leader from 2007-2015. He became most well-known for his use of the "nuclear option" in 2013, leading the charge to end the filibuster on executive branch nominees and judicial nominees other than to the Supreme Court.

More:   https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-senate-majority-leader-harry-reid-dies-at-82

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2021, 05:38:57 am »
Fire up the Rotunda .... incoming state funeral.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2021, 06:07:48 am »
Was a runaway treadmill involved?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 06:09:40 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2021, 12:03:24 pm »
At least Harry Reid paved the way for Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett to join the Supreme Court.

There is that.  So I guess it is possible to say something nice about almost anyone!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2021, 12:13:12 pm »
  @Hoodat

And IMO, that ended up being only "ground-rule doubles"

I mean, if Barack Obama & Co. can find a 'Brennan' AND a 'Comey' for the Intelligence Agencies, how freaking hard is it to find another Scalia?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:14:31 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2021, 02:09:57 pm »
Was a runaway treadmill involved?

That and he blocked to many punches with his head as a boxer.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2021, 02:19:19 pm »
Harry Reid, the only person possible to make Chuck Schumer seem like a reasonable and nice man.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2021, 02:21:02 pm »
Ouch.
Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
“This one’s mine,” the Devil said, when Guido da Montefeltro tried to sneak his way into heaven. (Dante’s Inferno, Canto 27.) I wouldn’t be surprised if #HarryReid attempted a similar con, with similar results
10:19 PM · Dec 28, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2021, 02:21:29 pm »
Let's not respond the same way Liberals do when a conservative dies.... :smokin:
Okay. I'll just say "AMF!" and leave it at that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2021, 02:47:28 pm »
'I wouldn't have been president without him: Obama leads Biden and Clinton in paying tribute to former Democratic Senate Majority leader Harry Reid following his death aged 82 after four-year battle with pancreatic cancer

Harry Reid died Tuesday at age 82 following a four-year battle with pancreatic cancer after representing Nevada in Washington, D.C. for 36 years
    'I am heartbroken to announce the passing of my husband,' Reid's widow Landra Gould Reid wrote
    'He died peacefully this afternoon, surrounded by our family, following a courageous, four-year battle with pancreatic cancer. Harry was 82 years old. We were married for 62 years'
    Reid served as Senate Majority Leader from 2007–2015 and was Minority Leader during two other periods in his two-decade Senate tenure – before that he served in the House
    Former President Barack Obama said he 'wouldn't have been president had it not been for' Harry Reid's 'encouragement and support'
    Also credited Reid for getting much of his legislative agenda through the Senate
    'Harry Reid was one of the most amazing individuals I've ever met,' Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer wrote in a statement on Reid's passing before ordering flags be lowered to half-staff at the Capitol
    Just this month the McCarran International Airport outside Las Vegas was renamed to the Harry Reid International Airport

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 20:16 EST, 28 December 2021 | Updated: 07:33 EST, 29 December 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10351545/Longtime-Democratic-leader-Harry-Reid-died-Tuesday-age-82.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2021, 02:48:25 pm »
Former President Barack Obama said he 'wouldn't have been president had it not been for' Harry Reid's 'encouragement and support'
Just one of many reasons not to mourn Reid's passing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2021, 02:51:03 pm »
Fire up the Rotunda .... incoming state funeral.

Can't they just bury him someplace in Nevada and spare us all endless hours of commentary on his *success* as Majority Leader.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2021, 02:54:00 pm »

Waiting for some others in congress........
Yep. They say it comes in threes. Harry could be the snowball that starts the avalanche.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2021, 03:02:48 pm »
Can't they just bury him someplace in Nevada and spare us all endless hours of commentary on his *success* as Majority Leader.

With hat in hand, “If they’d a cremated the sum-bitch I could be kickin’ that Mr. Brandon's ass around the moon by now.”
-Sheriff Justice
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2021, 03:04:48 pm »

They could.  But after Dole, I doubt it.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2021, 04:28:00 pm »
Let's not respond the same way Liberals do when a conservative dies.... :smokin:

Absolutely. We need to exercise restraint and not get any black eyes, now that Harry is no longer on life's treadmill. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn