Author Topic: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene rants against ‘fake religion’ Kwanzaa as Black holiday begins  (Read 1865 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene rants against ‘fake religion’ Kwanzaa as Black holiday begins
By Dave Goldiner
New York Daily News |
Dec 27, 2021 at 10:24 AM

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene denounced Kwanzaa as a “fake religion” just as millions of Black people start to celebrate the weeklong holiday.

The far-right Georgia lawmaker berated the national College Republicans for “pandering and BS” after the GOP group tweeted a seemingly innocuous happy holiday message.

“Stop. It’s a fake religion created by a psychopath,” Greene said. “People are tired of pandering and BS.”

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1475235145854734336

She was apparently deriding Kwanzaa founder Prof. Maulana Karenga, who was convicted of felony assault in the 1960s in what he says was a politically motivated prosecution spurred by his involvement in Black nationalist politics.

Greene suggested that the College Republicans should avoid political correctness if it wants to galvanize the conservative base of the GOP.

“You aren’t bringing in new voters, you are turning them away,” she added.

more
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-marjorie-taylor-greene-kwanzaa-fake-religion-20211227-minilzflmrfxhpqponuvukal7m-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Yes, Kwanzaa is nonsense, but this isn't the sort of thing on which a member of Congress should be wasting her time.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

She needs to learn when to keep her mouth shut and IMO this is one of those times.  I think she just shot herself in the foot for future elections.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

She needs to learn when to keep her mouth shut and IMO this is one of those times.  I think she just shot herself in the foot for future elections.

Agreed.  There's no point in taking this little silliness on.

Online libertybele

Agreed.  There's no point in taking this little silliness on.

Stomping on a potential black vote is not the way to go, nor is it encouraging Blacks to vote for anyone in the GOP.  This was a stupid move on her part.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Stomping on a potential black vote is not the way to go, nor is it encouraging Blacks to vote for anyone in the GOP.  This was a stupid move on her part.

Agreed.  She needs to drop it and find other, positive, things to talk about.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Fake religion...no.

Fake holiday...most definitely.

The late great Tony Snow had a piece that debunked Kwanzaa.  I used to post it this time of year.  It's quite informative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It is not my place to say that someone else's religion is "fake."

If it was, as a Catholic, I'd have to call out all the "fake" religions like Judiasm, Islam, Buddhism, Hinudism, Taoism, Protestantism, and Greek Orhtodoxy.

If it ain't run by the Pope, it's crap.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

If it was, as a Catholic, I'd have to call out all the "fake" religions like Judiasm, Islam, Buddhism, Hinudism, Taoism, Protestantism, and Greek Orhtodoxy.

I get your drift, however as a Catholic I'm leaning towards saying that this Pope is crap.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
You go, Marjorie.

Expose it for what it is.

Small truths can be as important as greater truths when too many small lies are permitted to aggregate without challenge.

I hope she keeps on a-rantin' ...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:58:24 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Kamaji

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Is that you, Jack Posobiec?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Yes, Kwanzaa is nonsense, but this isn't the sort of thing on which a member of Congress should be wasting her time.

Screw that, it's the truth, and too many are too afraid to speak the truth.

Offline dfwgator

Got news for you. The vast majority of blacks don't give a rip about Kwanzaa, it's mostly white liberals that care about it.

Offline LegalAmerican

You go, Marjorie.

Expose it for what it is.

Small truths can be as important as greater truths when too many small lies are permitted to aggregate without challenge.

I hope she keeps on a-rantin' ...

I agree.  This is a most evil concept.  Communism.  The man who created it, tortured women.  The idea is to remove CHRISTMAS. 

Look who created this!  PURE EVIL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjBqq5SKpmc&t=141s

Offline LegalAmerican

Screw that, it's the truth, and too many are too afraid to speak the truth.

Agree.  :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Agreed.  She needs to drop it and find other, positive, things to talk about.

What is positive now, in our country?  She is doing the correct things.  It all ties.

Offline Kamaji

What is positive now, in our country?  She is doing the correct things.  It all ties.

Not in this case, no, she isn't.  She's needlessly poking sticks in an anthill that isn't particularly disturbing, and needlessly antagonizing people she should be working to bring over to her side.

That's not smart; it's stupid.

Offline LegalAmerican

Not in this case, no, she isn't.  She's needlessly poking sticks in an anthill that isn't particularly disturbing, and needlessly antagonizing people she should be working to bring over to her side.

SAY....YOU!  Some of us disagree.  She is a smart and strong woman.  Wonder if that is the issue?  That is not why she is in congress.  No one can bring anyone 'over'.  That is not her job.  Look on here.  She is bringing....TRUTH.

Offline Hoodat

Maybe they should give her a committee seat.  Without a committee seat, not much one can do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

Maybe they should give her a committee seat.  Without a committee seat, not much one can do.

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

Good point, Hoodat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

If the only thing MTG does in the next 60 days is to place a flaming bag of poop next to the Speaker's podium just to see Nancy Pelosi stomp it out, she will have earned my support for the next two decades.

Marjorie is hated by the GOPe just as much as she is by the Dems.  So I give her free rein to do whatever in the hell she wants.  And yes, I will be supporting her in November in whatever new district she decides to run.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

If the only thing MTG does in the next 60 days is to place a flaming bag of poop next to the Speaker's podium just to see Nancy Pelosi stomp it out, she will have earned my support for the next two decades.

Marjorie is hated by the GOPe just as much as she is by the Dems.  So I give her free rein to do whatever in the hell she wants.  And yes, I will be supporting her in November in whatever new district she decides to run.

Except that with this comment she didn’t light a bag of poo on Pelosi’s doorstep, she put it on the doorsteps of many average Americans who might have been coming around to supporting her ideas, but whom can now be dog-whistled by the left to oppose her because she’s a demonstrated racist.

This was a particularly stupid idea.  If she wants to razz Pelosi, then razz Pelosi directly. 

Online LMAO

I don’t think it will hurt her reelection prospects.

Marjorie Taylor Greene had a big mouth but how many blacks in this country really celebrate Kwanzaa? I’ve known quite a few in my life and every single one of them celebrates Christmas

I worked with two CNA‘s once  that were immigrants from Africa and they were Christians and they celebrated Christmas
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy