Author Topic: Buttigieg: Families who buy electric vehicles 'never have to worry about gas prices again'  (Read 800 times)

Offline mountaineer

... For weeks now, Buttigieg has been touting the bill's huge subsidies for electric car purchasers. "The Build Back Better package includes tax incentives to help purchase an EV," Buttigieg tweeted on Nov. 1. "How would you use a discount of up to $12,500 toward an electric vehicle?" It's not a discount of course, but a government subsidy — the government giving consumers money with which to buy the car. But here's the big pitch: Those who take advantage of the government's big handout, Buttigieg said recently, would "never have to worry about gas prices again." Buttigieg said the subsidized electric cars would bestow the greatest benefits on people in rural areas who drive long distances and urban residents who pay the highest gas prices. No more worries!

The problem, of course, is that cars have to run on something. Electric vehicles run on electricity, which is not free. And — this was not part of Buttigieg's pitch — the Biden administration is seeking to make electricity more expensive. "The administration's plans for a 'clean' electricity sector (by 2035) are really pricey," notes former Congressional Budget Office head Douglas Holtz-Eakin. "Two trillion dollars for generation, another $2 trillion for transmission, and an unknown price tag for distribution, but $1 trillion for 'the cost imposed on the distribution system by electric vehicle and photovoltaic solar panel adoption alone.' That bill is roughly $50 a week for consumers, which is in the same neighborhood as the gas costs that started this political firestorm. It's the energy costs, Pete, not just gasoline."

So just like the cost of the Build Back Better agenda is not "zero dollars," the cost of operating an electric car is far more than never having "to worry about gas prices again." The administration's free-stuff pitch is fundamentally deceptive.  ...
Byron York, Washington Examiner
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

If EVs are truly the better option for the consumer, then why the need for huge subsidies?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Rick De La Garza
@RichardDeLaGar4
Just pull over and charge it
Sorry all charging services are closed due to hook up main board frozen.
Circle back in a couple of days.
Have a nice day

Joni Job
@jj_talking
In the owner’s manual of the Tesla Model S, you’ll find a stark warning: “In cold weather, some of the stored energy in the Battery may not be available on your drive because the battery is too cold.” snowflake symbol on the dash display  https://t.co/0OJIRWBu69

Offline Hoodat

Better turn those headlights off, too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Rick De La Garza
@RichardDeLaGar4
Just pull over and charge it
Sorry all charging services are closed due to hook up main board frozen.
Circle back in a couple of days.
Have a nice day

Joni Job
@jj_talking
In the owner’s manual of the Tesla Model S, you’ll find a stark warning: “In cold weather, some of the stored energy in the Battery may not be available on your drive because the battery is too cold.” snowflake symbol on the dash display  https://t.co/0OJIRWBu69
Looks a lot like our weather lately...and why I do not anticipate ever owning an electric.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

NBC News
@NBCNews
SPECIAL REPORT: To build electric cars, manufacturers need to mine nickel.
To dig up more nickel, a mining company plans to bulldoze a section of pristine rainforest.
The “ethical dilemma” of when promising tech results in environmental harm:
How the rise of electric cars endangers the ‘last frontier’ of the Philippines; A mine that supplies nickel for the batteries that power electric vehicles is on the verge of a major expansion into a pristine rainforest.

10:09 AM · Dec 7, 2021

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Joni Job
@jj_talking

Oh, that’s gonna work well for us in the upper Midwest. I’ll just plan on hibernating for half the year.

Has anyone figured out the average IQ of this administration? It must be on the very low side.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Buttgig guy is a retarded fool. The price point of virtually everything depends on fuel and transportation. Of course he is much too stupid to know this, but the price of gas involves much more than just going to work and back. This is one dimensional thinking.

'Never have to worry about gas prices again', true, unless you want to buy food or clothing or other goods. Then the price of gas becomes very important. Liberals are such naïve children. They do not live in our world, the world of reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Oh, that’s gonna work well for us in the upper Midwest. I’ll just plan on hibernating for half the year.

Has anyone figured out the average IQ of this administration? It must be on the very low side.

Seven below up here this am.

Even gas powered engines can be rough starting in the cold
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

We're dealing with people who think 'Subzero' is a movie bad guy, not a temperature range.

It's only seventeen below out now, it was -20 when I got up.

Considering the distances between major towns in ND average about 110 miles, keeping the heater going for an hour and a half and the vehicle going 75 on the highway just to get to the next big town charging station is problematical, and failure could be fatal, because you can't run the heater...

And that only applies if you live in town.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

We're dealing with people who think 'Subzero' is a movie bad guy, not a temperature range.

It's only seventeen below out now, it was -20 when I got up.

I got all my doors and windows open right now.  Temp is above 70 here in North Georgia.  I keep trying to talk the wife into moving to South Dakota, but she ain't going for anything below 10 degrees.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

We wouldn't be worrying about has prices now if the Moonbats were not obstructing America's path to energy independence and self sufficiency.

Instead, the EV owners will have to worry about the price and availability of electricity as the Moonbat Mafia shutsdown America's coal-fired, gas-fired, oil-fired, nuclear, and hydro power plants.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
For a guy from Indiana, he sure doesn't know anything about what it's like to live in a rural area. Does he expect farmers to use electric tractors and combines, too?

@mountaineer

Truth to tell,I really don't think he knows much about anything. He got elected because the Dim money men backed him,and because he is queer and out wid it.

It guaranteed him the "diversity vote",which is VERY popular in the Airhead Party.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Politicians love the idea of controlling travel. If they can control travel, they can control you. See China and their Social Credit system

@Restored

And THERE it is!

Offline Smokin Joe

I got all my doors and windows open right now.  Temp is above 70 here in North Georgia.  I keep trying to talk the wife into moving to South Dakota, but she ain't going for anything below 10 degrees.
Just tell her almost all of South Dakota is between 43 and 46 degrees year round (North Latitude) :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 05:30:36 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just tell her almost all of South Dakota is between 43 and 46 degrees year round (North Latitude) :laugh:

@Smokin Joe

So,she is right.

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Are we talking degrees temperature, or degrees latitude, here?

Offline The_Reader_David

How is it that Buttigieg, who was mayor of a small city in Indiana, can possibly with a straight face spout the urbanite nonsense about electric vehicles as a panacea?

They are great if you live in a densely populated megalopolis with air pollution problems, never want to leave it (think about many New Yorkers and Angelinos) and thus never want to drive more than, say 150 miles roundtrip.  Were I a New Yorker or an Angelino, I'd want one, and would advocate my neighbors getting them, too, but once you get out into the heartland, yes, even into Indiana, they become an absurdity.

(There is a small fraction of the stupidity the American Left advocates that cannot be accounted for by their patently absurd Rousseauian tabula rasa view of human nature, their economic illiteracy, and their hatred of Christianity, and most of that small fraction is urbanite stupidity -- advocating things that are genuinely good in dense urban population centers as if they were universally good -- electric vehicles are part of that small fraction.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

Are we talking degrees temperature, or degrees latitude, here?
Latitude, of course. The lines don't move with the seasons.

Temperatures vary, however, sometimes to the extreme:
Spearfish holds the world record for the fastest recorded temperature change. On January 22, 1943, at about 7:30 a.m. MST, the temperature in Spearfish was −4 °F (−20 °C). The Chinook wind picked up speed rapidly, and two minutes later (7:32 a.m.) the temperature was +45 °F (7 °C).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 06:57:12 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Latitude, of course. The lines don't move with the seasons.

Temperatures vary, however, sometimes to the extreme:

:thumbsup: