Author Topic: It’s Time For Black Americans To Embrace A Post-Racial America  (Read 502 times)

Offline Kamaji

It’s Time For Black Americans To Embrace A Post-Racial America
« on: December 28, 2021, 02:33:27 pm »
The message is simplicity itself, but in this day and age of liberal/prog/leftist propaganda being disguised as objective fact, it has to be repeated everywhere.  The answer is:  culture.

BY: Kendall Qualls

December 27, 2021

In some respects, I feel as if we are living through a time like Charles Dickens, “The Tale of Two Cities,” of which he wrote, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness.”

We are bombarded with messages claiming America is overflowing with systemic racism and white supremacists. Even the National Council on Family Relations now labels the traditional two-parent family an extension of white privilege.

If you listen exclusively to the news media, the entertainment industry, and the academic-industrial complex, you will be surprised to learn this truth: This is the least racist period in the history of our country.

Having lived in the Jim Crow south, my parents and grandparents would have loved to have grown up in the America I grew up in. A large percentage of the country has been operating in a post-racial America for many years.

My family is a classic example of the “best of times – worst of times” and of the disparity between reality and rhetoric. My children, who are now adults, grew up in a two-parent family.  They had their challenges, but they also had stability, unconditional love, and clear boundaries.

Unfortunately, there is a stark contrast with their cousins on my side of the family.  Of my four siblings, my children are the only ones who grew up with both a mother and father in the home. As a result, the lives of my siblings’ children have been interwoven with trauma and tragedy. 

How do we explain these differences? Was it systemic racism built into American society? Or was it something else? We have two tales from the same family with the same skin color, yet the disparities are quite broad.

Unfortunately, my siblings made different decisions in their lives. All four of them used drugs and three were incarcerated. Far worse, their children were left to be raised without fathers in their lives. Theirs are the stories of many families ravaged by the lack of father involvement, personal responsibility, faith, and most importantly, hope.

I mourn deeply for what has happened to their lives. My children live in wide disparity from their own cousins, and it is not because of the color of their skin.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/27/its-time-for-the-black-community-to-embrace-a-post-racial-america/

Offline Kamaji

Re: It’s Time For Black Americans To Embrace A Post-Racial America
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 02:34:33 pm »
And, from further down in the article, the proof of the pudding:

Today, black American citizens who have legally immigrated from the Caribbean Islands and African countries like Nigeria earn significantly higher incomes than native-born black Americans. They achieve higher levels of education. They are living the American dream civil rights leaders desired for us.

Many of these new citizens came to the country with intact families, which helped with their achievement and integration. Another reason for their success is they have not been indoctrinated by years of anti-white, anti-American, and anti-capitalist hatred.

Culture, culture, culture.

What the left have done to African-Americans over the last 60 years is tantamount to genocide.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 02:44:12 pm »
Good article. I've had a similar conversation with black folks. They all decried the undisciplined behavior of today's fatherless youth, and expressed gratitude for having had two parents who set them on the straight and narrow.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 12:29:09 am »
Something I can assert with 100% confidence:

This is NEVER going to happen.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 03:17:40 am »
Something I can assert with 100% confidence:

This is NEVER going to happen.

100% Baloney.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 01:48:19 pm »
100% Baloney.

Not as long as they embrace victimhood and I see no signs of that diminishing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 07:30:44 pm »
Not as long as they embrace victimhood and I see no signs of that diminishing

Then maybe you're ignoring the very real trees and focusing on the artificial forest.

There are plenty of blacks who have done precisely what the OP suggests.  Furthermore, as the OP states, new immigrants from Africa don't bring this mentality with them and, accordingly, have done very well in terms of achievement and income.

So maybe we should start treating each individual as an individual first, and as a member of some group - particularly some vast group defined by something as superficial as the melanin content of the skin - a very distant second.  Then we might start to see more of these folks gravitating to the part of the political spectrum that more closely allies with their interests.  That won't happen so long as too many dismiss them because they're "Black".

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 09:05:01 pm »
Then maybe you're ignoring the very real trees and focusing on the artificial forest.

There are plenty of blacks who have done precisely what the OP suggests.  Furthermore, as the OP states, new immigrants from Africa don't bring this mentality with them and, accordingly, have done very well in terms of achievement and income.

So maybe we should start treating each individual as an individual first, and as a member of some group - particularly some vast group defined by something as superficial as the melanin content of the skin - a very distant second.  Then we might start to see more of these folks gravitating to the part of the political spectrum that more closely allies with their interests.  That won't happen so long as too many dismiss them because they're "Black".
May be plenty of them, but in aggregate they do not represent the blacks.

All one has to do is look at the percentages of people who voted Democrat since the days of LBJ.  most recently it has been 90%.

Most blacks continue to live on the plantation the Democrat party built for them.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 09:07:10 pm »
May be plenty of them, but in aggregate they do not represent the blacks.

All one has to do is look at the percentages of people who voted Democrat since the days of LBJ.  most recently it has been 90%.

Most blacks continue to live on the plantation the Democrat party built for them.

There you go again, treating millions of disparate individuals as a single monolithic type reduced to the melanin content of their skin.

Any wonder why people who find themselves lumped into that group on that basis might not have charitable feelings toward your policy preferences when that classification is paired with categorically negative traits?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 10:01:07 pm »
I like all these men and Will Johnson.  But this woman, keeps crap going!  I loathe, Sharpton, Ben Crump. Same baloney.
------------------------------------

Joy Reid Is out of CONTROL, Lori Dirty Foot, Smash and Grab and more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3tUAzdp98&t=1700s

Elon Musk OWNS Joy Reid and Elizabeth Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vumbBq3v8VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYjGvKR_70&t=160s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUWC-SWtffQ&t=159s

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 10:03:42 pm »
I like Officer Tatum, He seems to understand.
------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRWFV7ywco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkTgdqI3hXc

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 02:18:31 pm »

There you go again, treating millions of disparate individuals as a single monolithic type reduced to the melanin content of their skin.

Any wonder why people who find themselves lumped into that group on that basis might not have charitable feelings toward your policy preferences when that classification is paired with categorically negative traits?
Facts don't matter to some do they?  If it walks and talks like a duck, must be a donkey, eh?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 03:14:31 pm »
:shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2021, 04:11:30 pm »
I guess this is still a topic conservatives are not allowed to speak on. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2021, 04:18:32 pm »
I guess this is still a topic conservatives are not allowed to speak on. :shrug:

Which topic is that?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2021, 04:55:44 pm »
Facts don't matter to some do they?  If it walks and talks like a duck, must be a donkey, eh?
Keep in mind the perception of any culture is that which we see in the news, "entertainment", and what is promoted by those out to make money or promote their own agenda.
Examine the role of the straight white male in television.
Examine the role of any group and assess that against people you may know and work with.
You will find that perception is often distorted by the purveyors of airtime and column inches, seeking sensation, to sell their wares.

Does that reflect the majority opinion or mode of behaviour? Likely not, by my experience. But it provides a distorted lens through which the "mainstream" culture, with all its expectations (or lack thereof) mores (or lack thereof) and generalized behaviour are are viewed, a perception that is often no more in touch with reality than other 'reporting' from the same outlets.

So we find that men are often not the misogynistic dolts stuck in high school locker room mode that the media (with all its distorted agendae) would portray us as, and extrapolating that, we find that much of the portrayal of "reality" in media is similarly corrupt with the bias of the people purveying that media, who often themselves are far from mainstream in their behaviours, and evince in a distorted view of all.

You hear/see one thing in the media, and in some cases and places it IS true, but only that which conforms to the narrative is presented, reinforcing confirmation bias, both for those on the outside looking in, and those on the inside who have bought into the media "truth"and decide to live it.

By now, the common thread in this is evident, it is one of perceptions, and those are controlled by news media and "entertainment" which set the bar and maintain expectations, often far lower than individuals do. As the line between entertainment (fiction) and news (allegedly fact) becomes more indistinct, so does the line between the creative musings of a dystopian future and reality.

To have more, we must all expect more, from ourselves, and then live up to those expectations.
To expect more, we must not be satisfied with being told what or who we are, and instead seek that which is most likely to produce sustained success.
The mores and expectations of European culture achieved a stability and level of attainment unprecedented in the West, and in the world, both in individual freedom and the achievement which follows. It is a successful paradigm, one which will work for anyone who embraces it, It provides stability in the culture and society, starting with the most basic unit: the family.

It is the destruction of the family which has been the goal of those who would tear down that culture, not because what they have works better (except,perhaps, for them), but in order to supplant it with a version of 'thug world' in which they can slake their thirst for power over others, a thirst which, in and of itself, disqualifies them from ever holding those reins in a sane world.

It really doesn't matter what color your skin is, what matters is a willingness to embrace the mores which lead to stability, the philosophies which lead to civility, and the effort it takes to make those successful for family, community, and country.

But for that to work, people have to discard the concept of those fundamental cultural building blocks as being one color or another, and see them for what they are, steppingstones on the path to success and prosperity. If you refuse to walk that path because you have been taught that the discoverers of that path are somehow evil, that judgement will have consequences for the individual, or even the culture that follows another route. Those consequences are the stuff of history, and yet, we find the media there again, distorting that to promote their version of what was, is, and should be.

It's avoidable by following basic precepts which discern those truths, beginning, perhaps, with All Men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, among them the rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness...
and crafting a culture which adheres to that concept, to the fundamental Judeo/Christian concepts of behaviour which make such a society possible, and to a fundamental sense of fairness in principle that transcends any division those who wield the distorting lens of media would impose.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 10:13:00 pm »
Keep in mind the perception of any culture is that which we see in the news, "entertainment", and what is promoted by those out to make money or promote their own agenda.
Examine the role of the straight white male in television.
Examine the role of any group and assess that against people you may know and work with.
You will find that perception is often distorted by the purveyors of airtime and column inches, seeking sensation, to sell their wares.

Does that reflect the majority opinion or mode of behaviour? Likely not, by my experience. But it provides a distorted lens through which the "mainstream" culture, with all its expectations (or lack thereof) mores (or lack thereof) and generalized behaviour are are viewed, a perception that is often no more in touch with reality than other 'reporting' from the same outlets.

So we find that men are often not the misogynistic dolts stuck in high school locker room mode that the media (with all its distorted agendae) would portray us as, and extrapolating that, we find that much of the portrayal of "reality" in media is similarly corrupt with the bias of the people purveying that media, who often themselves are far from mainstream in their behaviours, and evince in a distorted view of all.

You hear/see one thing in the media, and in some cases and places it IS true, but only that which conforms to the narrative is presented, reinforcing confirmation bias, both for those on the outside looking in, and those on the inside who have bought into the media "truth"and decide to live it.

By now, the common thread in this is evident, it is one of perceptions, and those are controlled by news media and "entertainment" which set the bar and maintain expectations, often far lower than individuals do. As the line between entertainment (fiction) and news (allegedly fact) becomes more indistinct, so does the line between the creative musings of a dystopian future and reality.

To have more, we must all expect more, from ourselves, and then live up to those expectations.
To expect more, we must not be satisfied with being told what or who we are, and instead seek that which is most likely to produce sustained success.
The mores and expectations of European culture achieved a stability and level of attainment unprecedented in the West, and in the world, both in individual freedom and the achievement which follows. It is a successful paradigm, one which will work for anyone who embraces it, It provides stability in the culture and society, starting with the most basic unit: the family.

It is the destruction of the family which has been the goal of those who would tear down that culture, not because what they have works better (except,perhaps, for them), but in order to supplant it with a version of 'thug world' in which they can slake their thirst for power over others, a thirst which, in and of itself, disqualifies them from ever holding those reins in a sane world.

It really doesn't matter what color your skin is, what matters is a willingness to embrace the mores which lead to stability, the philosophies which lead to civility, and the effort it takes to make those successful for family, community, and country.

But for that to work, people have to discard the concept of those fundamental cultural building blocks as being one color or another, and see them for what they are, steppingstones on the path to success and prosperity. If you refuse to walk that path because you have been taught that the discoverers of that path are somehow evil, that judgement will have consequences for the individual, or even the culture that follows another route. Those consequences are the stuff of history, and yet, we find the media there again, distorting that to promote their version of what was, is, and should be.

It's avoidable by following basic precepts which discern those truths, beginning, perhaps, with All Men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, among them the rights to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness...
and crafting a culture which adheres to that concept, to the fundamental Judeo/Christian concepts of behaviour which make such a society possible, and to a fundamental sense of fairness in principle that transcends any division those who wield the distorting lens of media would impose.
I could not agree more about those perceptions.

However, it is not a perception that 90% of blacks in this country voted for the Democrat president candidate.  It is instead an ironclad fact and remains the most dedicated vote toward the liberal cause of any groups out there.  It is also a fact that millions of blacks did vote against that candidate, and we need to find ways to gain the trust of those who did not to enlarge that demographic toward the freedoms we expect in this country, and the strengthening of the family culture you mention is a paramount way to do so.

Myself, I believe that the absence of responsible fathers in households remain the most important within the family structure, and it is once again a fact that a far higher percentage of black households fall deficient in that area.  That leads to disintegration of moralities in youths and is a fundamental reason that the fact is blacks engage in a much higher percentage of crime than do other demographic types.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2021, 10:30:58 pm »
Then they might lose those jobs on every TV commercial.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2021, 11:45:36 pm »
Smokin Joe opined:
"As the line between entertainment (fiction) and news (allegedly fact) becomes more indistinct, so does the line between the creative musings of a dystopian future and reality."

Reporter in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance":
"When legend becomes fact, print the legend."

Fishrrman:
"When dystopia replaces normalcy, maintain the fictions..."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 02:49:53 pm »
I could not agree more about those perceptions.

However, it is not a perception that 90% of blacks in this country voted for the Democrat president candidate.  It is instead an ironclad fact and remains the most dedicated vote toward the liberal cause of any groups out there.  It is also a fact that millions of blacks did vote against that candidate, and we need to find ways to gain the trust of those who did not to enlarge that demographic toward the freedoms we expect in this country, and the strengthening of the family culture you mention is a paramount way to do so.

That fact is inarguable, at least considering those votes which have not been tampered with or cast without the knowledge of the voter. At any rake, that is what the stats say. But for years the Democrat party has marketed itself as the generous saviour of minorities, the down trodden, and the working man, aims, which if considered critically, are incompatible in any rational consideration. Taking from the productive to subsidize the lack of production (of anything but more prospective Democrat voters)does the working man no good, and not all working men are unionized. It is obvious to those outside the propaganda penumbra that the only one the Democrat Party leaders seek to benefit is those who are Democrat Party leaders, and as especially is evident in the events of the past year, all others suffer (sooner or later) as a result of policies that are sugar coated poison at best.

Myself, I believe that the absence of responsible fathers in households remain the most important within the family structure, and it is once again a fact that a far higher percentage of black households fall deficient in that area.  That leads to disintegration of moralities in youths and is a fundamental reason that the fact is blacks engage in a much higher percentage of crime than do other demographic types.
I agree wholeheartedly. The presence of a father who demands discipline enough to remain within broad societal norms is important, to instill the moral and personal habits that make for members of society who will provide for their own, mentor their youth, and, in general create expectations that their children will do the same. The Left has waged war on the family since the '60s, on several fronts, and has made serious inroads into the minority communities most vulnerable to the wave of propaganda that ranges from militant feminism to statist visions of villages, rather than parents, raising children. That collective mindset has proven, once again, to be a failure, and righting it will take generations. No time to start like the present, and until that wave of cultural reversion reaches critical mass, progress will be slow.

Yet I see increasing numbers of professionals who can help lead that wave IF they can get the airtime to reach those who so desperately need it, people who could live better lives free of fear, of burying their children, and economic dependence. Those people are why I refuse to paint with the broad brush, to give them the credit they deserve and to let them out from under the shadow on their demographic created by the Left, so that spotlight can be an inspiration to others to achieve and seek true excellence, not just the pinnacles of purveyors of propaganda the Left holds up as examples.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 02:51:06 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis