Author Topic: FNC’s Dr. Makary: ‘We’ve Never Seen This Level of Martial Law and Paternalism to Prevent Mild Infect  (Read 302 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FNC’s Dr. Makary: ‘We’ve Never Seen This Level of Martial Law and Paternalism to Prevent Mild Infection’

Ian Hanchett 27 Dec 2021

On Monday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Faulkner Focus,” Fox News Medical Contributor and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Professor Dr. Marty Makary argued that the biggest failure in the coronavirus pandemic response is the failure to tailor policies based on individual risk, and that “those who have chosen not to get vaccinated and have not had COVID, they do so at their own individual risk. We’ve never seen this level of martial law and paternalism to prevent mild infection in 300 million Americans.”

Makary said, [relevant remarks begin around 4:45] “Look, the greatest failure of the pandemic response by public health officials has been the failure to recognize that the risk of this virus is not equally distributed in the population, and while it may have made sense when we didn’t know what we were dealing with to have one simple message for everybody. Now, it has to be custom-tailored. That means if — look, if somebody has no immunity and they’re old and vulnerable, they’ve got no vaccinated and no natural immunity, sure, they need to be very careful. We need to protect those people right now. But the risk in a young, healthy person is very different from somebody in that situation. We’ve never acknowledged that we need to custom-tailor the policies according to the individuals. And those who have chosen not to get vaccinated and have not had COVID, they do so at their own individual risk. We’ve never seen this level of martial law and paternalism to prevent mild infection in 300 million Americans.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/27/fncs-dr-makary-weve-never-seen-this-level-of-martial-law-and-paternalism-to-prevent-mild-infection/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Our gov't instilled fear in us in order to control us.  I still see people wearing masks while bicycling, kayaking, fishing, etc. It saddens me and it also makes me angry. Angry that our gov't is so deranged.

9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Our gov't instilled fear in us in order to control us.  I still see people wearing masks while bicycling, kayaking, fishing, etc. It saddens me and it also makes me angry. Angry that our gov't is so deranged.

9999hair out0000

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

For a new cold virus, with 99%.9 recovery.....little more for young, a little less for elderly but still at 99%!   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's going to be tough pulling control and punishment out  of our "leaders's" hands.

But it's going to feel soooo good. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

9999hair out0000
It isn't just our government, but the mass psychosis induced by the constant drumbeat of doom from the Mass Media. Even as new variants are less deadly, the insanity persists.

It is frightening to think that this culture, which used to be so resistant to tyranny, has rushed to embrace it in the shadow of media generated panic,and still persists in denigrating those who resist that insanity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline art.prout

It isn't just our government, but the mass psychosis induced by the constant drumbeat of doom from the Mass Media. Even as new variants are less deadly, the insanity persists.

It is frightening to think that this culture, which used to be so resistant to tyranny, has rushed to embrace it in the shadow of media generated panic,and still persists in denigrating those who resist that insanity.

It is pretty much well beyond frightening at this point...  damn near "actionable" if I think about it....

888mouth

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It is pretty much well beyond frightening at this point...  damn near "actionable" if I think about it....

888mouth
yep... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Government and mass media have to work together for this sort of fascism to work.  That's what the fascists did in pre-war Germany, and that's what they're attempting to do here now.