Author Topic: How Covid Cancelled Our 2021 Family Christmas  (Read 420 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How Covid Cancelled Our 2021 Family Christmas
« on: December 27, 2021, 04:39:44 pm »
First, it starts with a terrible idea - a habitually irrepsonsible cousin, and new beau, flying in from out state.

Second, it's compounded by a lack of quarantine or self-isolation for a couple of days after arrival.

Third, my almost 80-something in-laws (both vaccinated and boosted) were invited to spend an evening of wining and dining with the newly arrived cousin at her mother's condo.

Fourth, there were no plans for rapid-testing prior to gathering.

Fifth, my vulnerable parents-in-law spent several hours in a small, poorly ventilated  space with the cousin and her mother.

Sixth, the next morning, that same cousin and her beau were planning to visit an aunt's house the next day.

Seventh, the aunt and her husband are Covid long-haulers (originally infected March, 2020), and requested that all guests take Covid rapid tests before visiting.

Eighth, the cousin and her beau tested positive for Covid and notified my parents-in-law.

Ninth, my mother-in-law scrambled across town, scouring local pharmaices, to find rapid tests.

Tenth, my mother-in-law's doctor says they need to wait 5 days to be tested to give the virus enough time to incubate to detectable levels.

Eleventh, my immuni-compromised wife and I had spent a half hour having morning coffee with my (potentially infected) father-in-law prior to being notified that the cousin he had dinner with the previous evening had tested positive for Covid.

Twelfth, everyone is self-quarantening or self-isolating until my parents-in-law can get tested and receive the results.

So, no family Christmas get together.  My wife and I cannot go anywhere or do anything this week that I have off from work.  All, because it never occurred the "adults in charge" to implement a Covid quarantine/self-isolation and testing regimen for guests flying in from out of state.

As of now, it's just a royal pain-in-the-@$$ until my parents-in-law can get the results of their covid tests.  I am grateful that no one has developed symptoms yet.

It is unacceptable that community Covid surveillance and testing are still not available almost 2 years into the Chi-coms' Wuhan pestilence.

I hope this rant also serves as a cautionary tale for those who may be hosting out-of-state friends and family in the near future.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: How Covid Cancelled Our 2021 Family Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 05:42:30 pm »
If there are no symptoms, ignore it. Don't EVER tell your public health officials, either. They WILL lock you down.

The time for cooperation is over.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 06:21:16 pm »
If there are no symptoms, ignore it. Don't EVER tell your public health officials, either. They WILL lock you down.

The time for cooperation is over.

Exactly

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 07:26:08 pm »
@DefiantMassRINO

The phrase that oddly comes to mind after reading this:  "Hook, Line and Sinker."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 07:30:54 pm »
"community Covid surveillance and testing".....Screw That.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 07:50:31 pm »
We had no out of town guests and so it was local family and everything worked out wonderfully and we had a beautiful Christmas.  Last year we worried throughout the year and distanced ourselves on several occasions.  It got to the point that we stared reality in the face and concluded that the vaccines would do more harm than good. We also decided we'd rather die of COVID and be able to see family then to die of COVID and not be able to see family because of all the mandates that continue to crop up. Let's Go Brandon is our attitude and Let's Go Fauci as well.

We have relatives on the other side of the state; both are immune compromised and one is going through immunotherapy. Both are vaccinated we are not.  So...they have decided to keep their distance from us, which is up to them. We are health compromised a well, but again, feel the vaccines would do us more harm than good (our choice).  They even visited other family in NJ over this past summer and didn't visit them as often as they used to even though ALL were vaccinated -- again their choice.

No. Don't Brandon and Fauci our holidays.  They ruined one Easter for us and had us worrying over that Christmas as well.  Not going to happen again.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 08:22:36 pm »
Everything went as always. Sooper good times.