Author Topic: Variant of the Month: Top 10 Names for the Next COVID Strain  (Read 280 times)

rangerrebew

Variant of the Month: Top 10 Names for the Next COVID Strain
« on: December 26, 2021, 12:06:48 pm »
Variant of the Month: Top 10 Names for the Next COVID Strain
Humor   

By Eric Miller | December 21, 2021

There’s a lot of fearmongering in the news regarding COVID-19 these days. This article will be no different.

It seems like we’re getting hit with a new variant of COVID-19 every month, and strangely enough, people don’t seem to be flipping the hell out about it like they used to. Where’s the paranoia? Where’s the fear? Why aren’t people panic-buying toilet paper?

We believe the growing lack of concern for the virus and its variants is due to several factors, the least of which being their names, which suck. At this time there are 12 variants of COVID being monitored, and every last one of them have names that sound like software companies or Daft Punk albums.

Delta, Epsilon, Omicron. None of those sound like something you should be concerned about. If you want people to really be afraid when a world-altering virus that has killed millions of people mutates into something new, you gotta give it a scary name.

https://coffeeordie.com/variant-names-covid-strain/

Offline mountaineer

Re: Variant of the Month: Top 10 Names for the Next COVID Strain
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 12:39:53 pm »
I say leave the Greeks out of this. No more alphabet names. Let's name the next several variants Anthony, Deborah, Barack and Hillary.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 01:23:44 pm »
I say leave the Greeks out of this. No more alphabet names. Let's name the next several variants Anthony, Deborah, Barack and Hillary.
...and Brandon.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 02:14:18 pm »
Faucci Variant....   in honor of who help start it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 10:32:50 pm »
I propose "newest cold virus" as the name for the next variant.  Evolutionary theory tells us that greater contagion and lower virulence are both adaptive for pathogens, and if it beats omicron on both counts, it will be a cold virus.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 10:36:17 pm »
A doctor friend (general practitioner/family practice) told us last year that the virus essentially pooped out by July. He actually treated Covid patients and had a heck of a lot more first-hand knowledge than Tony Fauxci.

July of 2020, that is. I cannot be convinced that anything dangerous is left of it a year and a half later.