Author Topic: The Chickens of the Collective Psychosis of COVID Hysteria Come Home to Roost  (Read 230 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
RedState By Bonchie | Dec 25, 2021

The Chickens of the Collective Psychosis of COVID Hysteria Come Home to Roost

News out of Vermont paints a bleak picture of just how harmful the collective psychosis of COVID hysteria is, a phenomenon that seems isolated to heavily Democrat areas.

For years, fear-mongering from the government and national media has pushed people to detach themselves from reality when it comes to assessing risk profiles regarding the coronavirus. That’s now playing out in the form of completely asymptomatic individuals rushing to jam up emergency rooms in Vermont. Though, as we’ll see, this is hardly limited to the Green Mountain State.

Some Vermonters who are able to find antigen tests and then test positive are clogging up emergency rooms.

The emergency department at the Rutland Regional Medical Center has been overwhelmed with asymptomatic folks.

Dr. Rick Hildebrant is RRMC’s medical director. He says some people who test positive with a rapid test go to the emergency room looking for a PCR test.

The Vermont Hospital Association says it’s hearing similar stories from other parts of the state…

…“It’s not so much the beds that are the precious resource, it’s the staff at this time. So we have to have some of our clinical staff providing care to those people and they can’t provide care to the folks in the ER,” Hildebrant explained.

More: https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/12/25/the-chickens-of-the-collective-psychosis-of-covid-hysteria-come-home-to-roost-n496830

Offline Kamaji

Had the same experience last Thursday.

Friend injured himself and dilly-dallied to the last moment before seeking medical assistance.  As a result, all the urgent care clinics were closed and so he asked me to drive him to the ER at the local hospital.

We walked in there and quickly realized that (a) most of the people there were complaining about things covid-related, (b) most of them were, for all intents and purposes, apparently asymptomatic, and (c) the hospital had closed off half of its ER waiting room for some other purpose, and was jamming people together like sardines - forget about social distancing - to the point where it seemed like the ER was the place to go to GET covid, not the place to go to get a cure or a therapy for it.  The last straw was when the triage nurse finished getting the all-important insurance info, and then directed my friend to sit next to one of the few people who actually did seem to be suffering from covid symptoms (he looked miserable and was periodically coughing).  At that point, my friend decided that he could manage through the night and could wait for the urgent care clinics to open in the morning.

Meanwhile, there were a total of three - count 'em, three - hospital staff there.  If that ER was overloaded, it was because of the conscious understaffing and asymptomatics who should have been sitting at home getting their vitamin levels up and resting, but who had instead been fear-proned into thinking they were going to die because of a technical positive test result; it wasn't because of some actual pandemic of sick/unvaccinated people.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The at home rapid tests are going to cause even more confusion and backlog at the ER's.  Not to mention completely screw up any hope for an accurate count of how many people are actually infected.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My father and his wife contracted Covid over the Summer while waiting in a Hospital Emergency Room, surrounded by incoming SYMPTOMATIC Covid patients.

Last week, I tought it was unsual that there was such a long line to enter a strip mall fitness center.  When the light dawned on Marblehead, I realized they were lined up outside urgent care to get Covid tests prior to travelling for Christmas.

It's insanity.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright