Author Topic: Mayor Lori Lightfoot promised transparency but has yet to release reports on major investigations  (Read 355 times)

rangerrebew

Mayor Lori Lightfoot promised transparency but has yet to release reports on major investigations
1 / 3

Gregory Pratt, Chicago Tribune
Wed, December 22, 2021, 6:00 AM·5 min read
In this article:

Early in her term, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot successfully pushed aldermen to change city law so that her administration could release previously confidential reports from the inspector general.

Lightfoot cast her campaign to give her office more discretion on the release of such reports as a key point in her “bring in the light” reform agenda at City Hall.

“During my campaign, I committed to holding my administration to the highest levels of transparency, and this ordinance provides the public with an opportunity to fully examine the inspector general’s findings on the most high-profile and consequential investigations in our city,” Lightfoot said in a summer 2019 statement accompanying her ordinance.

https://ne1.www.yahoo.com/news/mayor-lori-lightfoot-pushed-transparency-110000773.html