General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

Don't get overconfident on 2022

(1/3) > >>

mikezpen:
The media will do everything it can to under-report on the problems confronting this country. And I've come to the conclusion that most Americans are too clueless or lazy to ferret out the fake news from the real world. Many Americans simply do what the establishment tells them to do through it's unceasing push for the left's agenda. This is why Biden got 80 million votes in 2020.If the inflation improves even a little bit over the next year, the GOP's primary election issue-the one with the most obvious public impact-is shot.

The overwhelming Republican push seems to be on COVID issues. Frankly I think they are barking up the wrong tree on this one  but that's just me. Education, anarchy in the cities and the Dems' support of extremist groups, and immigration are far more important. And since '22 is about state/local-level issues, hammering at things like crime and education  is appropriate.

In any event, fighting masks won't be the thing that wins them Congress in 2022 because mask opponents can be labelled as fighting against science and medical opinion.And if enough Americans buy that fear-mongering and/or drift back into apathy, the Dems will hold on, or even expand their lead.

LMAO:
Democrats will not hold onto the House after next election. They will possibly lose the Senate. Of course you should always campaign like you’re 20 points behind. But the  Democrat Party is too much a prisoner of identity  politics and their extreme far left

What would help them right now is if they were to abandon their far left, woke, identity politics and embrace more middle of the road policies. That is absolutely not going to  happen next year

In fact, I predict some election surprises next year similar to a Republican district attorney winning Seattle

The Democrats know all this. That’s why  the rush to enact the most radical legislation now while they have the  chance

Inflation will not improve next year. At least not enough to relieve  the American Public’s anxiety regarding the issue and the economy

Of course the media is going to under report the problems. But so what? That’s expected. If it was so effective why does the president have an approval rating in the toilet? Keep in mind, the president is underwater on  every issue and that is with a media that is trying to protect him.

I know it’s our nature to be gloom and doom and I heard all the same arguments here with the elections in 2021 about how the Republicans won’t win yet they did very well

My prediction is the Republicans handily  take the HOR, barely the Senate, some state houses and maybe a governorship or two. And as far as the few elections next year that the Republicans will lose just because they’re in deep, deep blue areas, there will be those here that will claim those elections were stolen

The 2022 election will be a referendum on not just Joe Biden and his failed policies, but it will be on local issues like crime. In 2018, the Democrats made the election a referendum simply on Donald Trump himself and I predicted then that  would succeed.

Smokin Joe:
My prediction is that the Democrats will gin up some panic to ensure they can cheat in every election they can.

I am not so optimistic, even though public sentiment may suggest GOP victories.

mikezpen:
Identity politics has helped give the Dems. vote majorities-SUBSTANTIAL vote majorities-in every non-white group (except Cubans in Fla.). Why should they give it up? With that in their back pocket, all they need to do with whites is break off a moderate percentage. And women are susceptible to their scare tactics on abortion and dire warnings that legions of males are itching to assault them and that only the Democrats can stop it. You know...the "War on Women".

I DO think they are hurting themselves with the LGBTQ stuff because their platform is so extreme that it tends to scare off some of their most faithful voters.

Kamaji:
My prediction is that the GOP will win back both the House and Senate, and then fail to do anything constructive with that power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version