Author Topic: 31 Pictures That Show Just How Crazy Woodstock Really Was  (Read 932 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
31 Pictures That Show Just How Crazy Woodstock Really Was
« on: December 26, 2021, 01:14:29 pm »

BuzzFeed
by Gabriel H. Sanchez
BuzzFeed Staff

On Aug. 15, 1969, more than 400,000 young people made their way to a dairy farm in the town of Bethel, New York, for the Woodstock Music and Art Fair.

The event was billed as "three days of peace and music" and featured 32 of the most iconic artists in American music history. More than just a festival, Woodstock captured perfectly the free spirit of the 1960s and became a cultural landmark that represents an entire generation of American youth.

(more)
https://www.buzzfeed.com/gabrielsanchez/pictures-that-show-just-how-crazy-woodstock-really-was

At the time I was just a tot and living in Germany. Father was stationed there. Amazing grassroots event the like of which will not be seen again. We no longer have this kind of innocence.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: 31 Pictures That Show Just How Crazy Woodstock Really Was
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 03:09:08 am »
Why American life went on as normal during the killer pandemic of 1969
NY Post,  May 16, 2020

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/why-life-went-on-as-normal-during-the-killer-pandemic-of-1969/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 03:49:57 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 06:17:30 am »
NY Post,  May 16, 2020

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/why-life-went-on-as-normal-during-the-killer-pandemic-of-1969/

There was a pandemic in 1969?  They sure kept it quiet......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 02:23:24 pm »

No left wing 24 hour Cable news outlet to promote fear about the Kung-Fu Flu.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 02:41:29 pm »
    I dated a Woman, Mary, for a couple of years that was there (@ Woodstock). She was a free, pot smoking, spirit until her untimely demise in 2015 due to life's complications~her lungs gave out.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 04:24:29 pm »

The government stayed out of it @catfish1957

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 04:54:21 pm »
Hong Kong Flu (1968 -1970) is considered the third of the (3) great flu epidemics of the 20th Century - the others being 1918 and 1957.

1968 flu pandemic
pandemic
Alternate titles: Hong Kong flu of 1968, Hong Kong flu pandemic of 1968
https://www.britannica.com/event/1968-flu-pandemic
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2021, 05:04:20 pm »
The government stayed out of it @catfish1957

That's amazing.  I remember much of 1969 very well being 12.  Still, honestly I don't remember one single memory of it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2021, 05:22:08 pm »
That's amazing.  I remember much of 1969 very well being 12.  Still, honestly I don't remember one single memory of it.

I remember the term, but never saw any evidence of it.  My main preoccupation at the time was the Wallace-Brewer race in Alabama.  There were seven of us sharing a carpool to first grade.  Six of us for Brewer and one for Wallace.  Those were fun times.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2021, 05:38:27 pm »
NY Post,  May 16, 2020

I have a theory.  If one looks at the pictures of the people who attended woodstock, and also people of this time period across the usa you will see one striking thing.  The lack of images of the morbidly obese in all age groups.  Contrast that to today.  I saw a group photo's of a recent Lallapaloosa event.  My God.  Fat e'ffers everywhere waddling around the event.   If Comorbidity is a large factor in severity and survivability in a kung fu flu, it is easy to see why people survived the 68-70 Hong Cong flu. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2021, 09:07:09 pm »
Same here, I don't remember life as being any different during that pandemic, no masks, no stores shut down or airport traffic. It's probably because that wanker Fauci wasn't in position to screw up American lives until 1984.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2021, 10:00:26 pm »
I have a theory.  If one looks at the pictures of the people who attended woodstock, and also people of this time period across the usa you will see one striking thing.  The lack of images of the morbidly obese in all age groups.  Contrast that to today.  I saw a group photo's of a recent Lallapaloosa event.  My God.  Fat e'ffers everywhere waddling around the event.   If Comorbidity is a large factor in severity and survivability in a kung fu flu, it is easy to see why people survived the 68-70 Hong Cong flu. 

Good point!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2021, 08:59:38 am »
There was an obesity problem back than but it started increasing quickly after the the seventies to where not it's close to triple what it was late sixties and seventies. I think you can probably find a correlation to how much more time kids started spending in front of TV's either watching mindless pap or playing video games instead of riding bikes or playing ball running and burning off calories. Also I think there was an explosion of junk foods being eaten instead fruit for snacks.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2021, 03:13:11 am »
I turned 18 that day but it was too long a drive from Texas.

So I went to New Orleans instead where the legal age was 18 for imbibing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2021, 03:46:44 am »
NY Post,  May 16, 2020

We had a pandemic in 1969?  My son was born then.  We landed on the moon....maybe.   :shrug:

What was the pandemic? 

Nevermind.  I read all the posts now.  Flu.   Covid has cured the flu.   happy77
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 03:53:22 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 04:48:55 am »
There were some of the most amazing live performances ever seen on the stage at Woodstock.

Santana,Joe Cocker,Janis,and every other performer there seemed to just put the entire soul into every performance.

I PERSONALLY only know of one person that went there. He is an investment banker today. So much for stereotypes,huh?

I have a pretty good excuse for not attending. I happened to be in VN at the time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!