Author Topic: Forget Santa, this enlisted airman just gifted 1,300 pairs of shoes to Honduran kids in need  (Read 81 times)

rangerrebew

Forget Santa, this enlisted airman just gifted 1,300 pairs of shoes to Honduran kids in need

Accelerate change or shoes

By David Roza | Published Dec 22, 2021 3:47 PM

Air Force Senior Airman Britney Donnelly, a weather forecaster assigned to the 612th Air Base Squadron, Joint Task Force Bravo, organizes shoes at Soto Cano Air Base, Honduras, Dec. 16, 2021. Donnelly collected 1,368 pairs of shoes through a nonprofit organization to be donated for children of Comayagua and La Paz. (Air Force photo / Maria Pinel).

“Excellence in all we do,” is one of the three core values taught to airmen at basic military training. But one airman seems to have added her own twist to it: “excellence in all we shoes.”

At least, that’s the impression one might get from Senior Airman Britney Donnelly, who donated 1,368 pairs of shoes for kids in need during the airman’s six-month deployment to Honduras.

“As soon as I got here, I was thinking of something that I could do to help, especially during the season of giving — it’s my favorite time!” said Donnelly, a weather forecaster with the 612th Air Base Squadron deployed to Soto Cano Air Base.

Forget Santa, this enlisted airman just gifted 1,300 pairs of shoes to Honduran kids in need

Honduras is one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere, and service members deployed to Soto Cano frequently volunteer by supporting orphanages or homes for underprivileged children, the Air Force wrote in a press release. Donnelly wasted no time finding her own chance to help.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-honduras-holiday-donation/

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 01:20:18 pm by rangerrebew »