Author Topic: Rand Paul’s ‘Festivus Report 2021': ‘Uncle Sam WASTED the Taxes of 3,430,636 People’  (Read 133 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rand Paul’s ‘Festivus Report 2021': ‘Uncle Sam WASTED the Taxes of 3,430,636 People’

On Wednesday, Senator Rand Paul released his annual “Festivus” report detailing wasteful government spending.

In “The Festivus Report 2021,” Sen. Paul reveals that he has identified $52,598,515,585 of government waste this year – including an NIH grant for a “study of pigeons gambling on slot machines”:

“This year, I am highlighting a whopping $52,598,515,585 of waste, including a study of pigeons gambling on slot machines, giving kids junk food, and telling citizens of Vietnam not to burn their trash. No matter how much money’s already been wasted, politicians keep demanding even more. But don’t worry, I will continue to fight against government waste.
    So, before we get to the Feats of Strength, it’s time for my Airing of (spending) Grievances!”

“So, what does $52,598,515,585 mean for you?” It means the U.S. government wasted the taxes of 3,430,636 people, Sen. Paul says, providing his math:

“If the waste we found is: $52,598,515,585

“And the average taxpayer pays about: ÷ $15,332

“Then Uncle Sam WASTED the taxes of: 3,430,636 people...............

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/rand-pauls-festivus-report-2021-uncle-sam-wasted-taxes-3430636-people
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul Exposes $52 Billion in Government Waste
by Will

The pandemic of government waste is as bad as ever, if not worse. In fact, as Rand Paul hinted at in a hilarious, Festivus-themed Twitter post, the problem of the government’s proclivity to spend wastefully is a terrible one:

Later, Paul released what he called the “Festivus Report,” a document that details the most egregious examples of government spending over the past year.

This year’s Festivus Report details over $52 billion in wasteful spending, $52,598,515,585 to be exact. Here are the areas of waste he lists:

• Foreign countries use our aircraft for free for 4 years (DOD)..……………….…$773,000,000
• US bought Afghanistan planes that were later thrown away (DOD)…………….$549,000,000
• US-constructed buildings in Afghanistan left sitting unused (DOD) …………$2,400,000,000
• COVID relief grant for NYC to display art projects across the city………………$25,000,000
• Ineligible and duplicate PPP loans (SBA)…………………………………….$4,290,000,000
• Improper CARES Act unemployment insurance payments…………………$36,000,000,000
• Constructing border walls in the Middle East and North Africa (DOD)………..$250,000,000
• Free trips for Korean kids to visit D.C. (USAID)…………………………………… $150,000
• Grinding up ferrets to develop COVID and flu vaccines………………..………..$4,500,000
• Tax Credit incentivizing CA residents to uninstall fireplaces………………….….$2,100,000
• Translating books into the Georgian language (State)…………………………. ……$182,741
• Teaching French people about US culture (State)…………………………………..$200,000
• Giving irrigation systems to Afghan farmers left unused (USAID)…………..… $88,000,000
• Developing a film about dinosaurs to inspire middle schoolers (NSF)………..…. $2,500,000
• Pigeons playing slot machines (NIH)………………………………………………..$465,339
• Telling people to not burn their trash (USAID)………………………..………..$11,300,000
• Funding Green Energy programs in Africa (State)………………………………$179,000,000
• DC Metro paid Lyft to subsidize riders……………………………..……………….$28,005
• Attempting to replace an assault vehicle over 2 decades (DOD)……………. $3,400,000,000
• Funding the Wilson Center to put on parties for Congressmen…………………$14,000,000
• Study verified that hearing bad news decreases happiness levels (NIA)……………$1,300,000
• Planting trees in New York City………………………………………..……….$400,000,000
• Government paid for students who didn’t actually attend those schools……….…$2,100,000
• Kids crave junk food and gain weight if they’re exposed to it (NIDDK)….…………$352,000
• Getting high schoolers excited about being airplane pilots (FAA)…………………$5,000,000
• Fattening eels for human consumption (FDA)……………………….………….…..$337,500
• Social Security overpayments to beneficiaries in Fiscal Year 2019 (SSA)………$4,200,000,000

Notable on that list are the $36 billion dollars wasted on improper unemployment insurance payments, $179 million on green energy programs in Africa, $4.2 billion on Social Security overpayments, $3.4 billion on spending two decades trying to find a new “assault vehicle,” and $88 million on unused irrigation aid in Afghanistan.

more
https://trendingpolitics.com/rand-paul-exposes-52-billion-in-government-waste/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

• COVID relief grant for NYC to display art projects across the city………………$25,000,000

Well, that certainly warms the cockles of my heart.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org