Author Topic: Inside the Omicron fear factory....Heather Mac Donald  (Read 157 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inside the Omicron fear factory....Heather Mac Donald
« on: December 21, 2021, 03:58:42 pm »
Inside the Omicron fear factory

Public health chiefs and the media are working overtime to gin up hysteria
December 20, 2021 | 10:09 am

In March 2020, a profile of the typical Covid victim emerged from Italy. The average decedent was eighty years old, with approximately three comorbidities such as heart disease, obesity or diabetes. The young had little to worry about; the survival rate for the vast majority of the population was well over 99 percent.

That portrait never significantly changed. The early assessments of Covid out of Italy have remained valid through today. And so it will prove with the Omicron variant.

The data out of South Africa, after five weeks of Omicron spread, suggest that Omicron should be a cause for celebration, not fear. Its symptoms are mild to non-existent in the majority of the infected, especially the vaccinated; hospitalization rates are over nine times lower than for previous Covid strains; deaths are negligible. That assessment will only be confirmed as the US and other western countries gather their own data on Omicron.

Yet the public health establishment and the media are working overtime to gin up Omicron hysteria. The official response to the Omicron variant provides a case study in the deliberate manufacture of fear. The following strategies are key:

more
https://spectatorworld.com/topic/inside-omicron-variant-fear-factory-new-york-covid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Inside the Omicron fear factory....Heather Mac Donald
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 04:02:09 pm »
The level of fear pron is unbelievable.  The little tinpot fascist dictator of NY has reinstituted mask mandates from back in the depths of March 2020, and now NY is considering legislation that would make any person not vaxxed potentially arrestable as a threat to public health.

Absolutely insane.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 04:21:46 pm »
From the article:
“Monday I wasn’t even thinking about [Omicron], and Thursday I’m in a panic,” said a fifty-nine-year-old woman on the Upper West Side.

A teacher at Manhattan’s New School confessed: “It’s literally all I’ve been thinking about. I’m really heartsick and worried.”

A thirty-six-year-old woman in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, said: “It’s scary — it feels like we’ve been here before.”

A sixty-two-year-old woman in Queens reported that her travel and outing days were over: “I’m going to go home, I’m going to stay home and just keep to myself.”
This is infuriating. Thanks to Fauci, the CDC, Biden, et al., millions of adult Americans have been infantilized to be in constant fear of the an invisible boogeyman lurking under the bed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 04:27:19 pm »
From the article:This is infuriating. Thanks to Fauci, the CDC, Biden, et al., millions of adult Americans have been infantilized to be in constant fear of the an invisible boogeyman lurking under the bed.

The effects are orders of magnitude worse on the young children.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 04:28:54 pm »

The effects are orders of magnitude worse on the young children.
I can imagine. Many can't remember a time they didn't have to wear a mask or "distance." What they think is normal is hideous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 07:55:58 pm »
I took my 90 year old mother to Kaiser yesterday and she asked her doctor when we would finally get rid of masks because she was tired of them(she only wears one at doctors) and he said he was too. I asked him why we were supposed to be all panicked about Omicron when in Africa where it was first discovered they are neither masking or shutting done because it's a nothing burger. The only response I got was crickets.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 02:07:44 pm »
I took my 90 year old mother to Kaiser yesterday and she asked her doctor when we would finally get rid of masks because she was tired of them(she only wears one at doctors) and he said he was too. I asked him why we were supposed to be all panicked about Omicron when in Africa where it was first discovered they are neither masking or shutting done because it's a nothing burger. The only response I got was crickets.

The medical profession is very much a hit-or-miss affair.  Shepherding two elderly parents through the system will make one start to think fondly of the relative simplicity, candor, and transparency of the court system in Kafka's The Trial.