Author Topic: Target Steps on the Rake -- Again  (Read 357 times)

Online mountaineer

Target Steps on the Rake -- Again
« on: December 18, 2021, 09:03:40 pm »
Dec. 18, 2021
Don Surber
Brian Cornell is the CEO of Target. They pay him $20 million a year. He is an idiot who canceled Christmas (or tried to) for hundreds of kids in Florida.

For many years, Target partnered with local police to “Shop with a Cop” for Christmas. These are poor kids who may not get much from Santa.

Cornell canceled that this year.

In Florida, Flagler County Sheriff Rick Staly sent Cornell a letter, and W4GVL posted it. The site is an apolitical Florida Gators fan site, so you can see Cornell struck a nerve. Hard.

After a little exposition about the program, Sheriff Staly said, "Then on October 6, 2021 my staff received an email abruptly cancelling the partnership. We were told Target retired the 'Heroes & Helpers' program and was 'introducing a new give-back program to serve our communities, anchored to our purpose of helping families discover the joy of everyday life. We’ll be expanding our impact and reach, partnering directly with local nonprofits organizations across the country to provide families in need with essentials, gifts and more.' When we informed Target staff that Flagler Sheriff’s Children’s Charities was a nonprofit 501(C)(3) the email was ignored and no response was received." ...

Cornell flushed more than a decade of goodwill down the drain.

But after BLM rioters looted his store in Minneapolis, you know what Cornell did? He gave the "black community" $100 million.  ...
More

Shop With a Cop is a big deal in many communities. Target really is out-woking itself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Target Steps on the Rake -- Again
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 09:10:16 pm »
Dec. 18, 2021
Don SurberMore

Shop With a Cop is a big deal in many communities. Target really is out-woking itself.

I haven't been inside a Target store in ten years (we have one locally) and I see no reason to change that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 09:13:10 pm »
I think I've been there once in the past 10 years, and only because it was the only place that had a DVD copy of "1917."
 That's it, no more. Every few months, Target seems to come out with an even stupid approach to supporting wokism and leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 09:34:00 pm »
Even before this nonsense started, going back years to when they started eliminating Christmas and if I recall the SA, before they became racist asshats. Their prices were always higher than competition like Mervyns and their quality lower. They are an upscale Walmart without the savings and have a prima donna attitude. Almost 40 years ago my son worked at Target and they were crap back then.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 10:47:00 pm »
A few reminders:

Oct. 13, 2021.  The Minnesota-based retail giant announced Tuesday it will invest $100 million solely in “Black-led organizations” during the next four years. PJ Media

Aug. 10, 2019. Target’s woke transgender-friendly bathroom policy stirred up a hornet’s nets in 2016, sparking praise from the left and boycotts from the right. Townhall

Nov 11, 2019. Target Gets Woke for the Holidays, Introduces the 'Gender Inclusive Gingerbread' Non-Anatomically-Correct Cookie Sweater Redstate

April 12, 2021. Target sells woke prayer book: “Dear God, please help me to hate White people.” Gospel News Network

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 10:59:48 pm »
I am guilty of shopping at Target. Other than Walmart there really is no other place to shop around here.  We have a mall across the bridge with some shops in it still open, but the neighborhood it's located in isn't very safe. I haven't been inside that mall in at least 15 years.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 11:04:52 pm »
A few reminders:

Oct. 13, 2021.  The Minnesota-based retail giant announced Tuesday it will invest $100 million solely in “Black-led organizations” during the next four years. PJ Media

Aug. 10, 2019. Target’s woke transgender-friendly bathroom policy stirred up a hornet’s nets in 2016, sparking praise from the left and boycotts from the right. Townhall

Nov 11, 2019. Target Gets Woke for the Holidays, Introduces the 'Gender Inclusive Gingerbread' Non-Anatomically-Correct Cookie Sweater Redstate

April 12, 2021. Target sells woke prayer book: “Dear God, please help me to hate White people.” Gospel News Network

So, dare I ask, .....NOPE.  Is just a pedo and insane.  Hence the bathroom decision. What else?  Gay.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 11:08:35 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 11:08:42 pm »
So, dare I ask, is the CEO...BLACK?

Brian Cornell, CEO

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2021, 07:43:18 pm »
Target would much rather agitate that perverts follow your little child into a bathroom than to help kids have a good Christmas with people who should be respected.

They are trash to be thrown out.

I live a mile from a Target and never set foot in the place.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington