Author Topic: Why Nancy Pelosi is wrong about lawmakers trading in stocks  (Read 67 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Nancy Pelosi is wrong about lawmakers trading in stocks
« on: December 18, 2021, 02:26:04 pm »
December 18, 2021
Why Nancy Pelosi is wrong about lawmakers trading in stocks
By Rajan Laad

A few days back, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that lawmakers should not be prevented from trading stocks.

“We are a free market economy. They should be able to participate in that,” Pelosi said.

Her remarks are probably owing to the fact that Pelosi’s husband holds stocks and options worth tens of millions of dollars.

This includes stocks in big tech firms such as  Amazon and Apple that are each worth between $5 million and $25 million. In Comcast, Pelosi’s husband holds stock worth between $1 million and $5 million and in Visa worth between $5 million and $25 million. He also holds stock options in Google’s parent company worth between $1 million and $5 million.

Pelosi insisted that she had no involvement or prior knowledge of her husband’s stock investments. She also stated that she had no stock on her name.

However, the fact that Pelosi’s husband made millions from various big tech firms that she is supposed to regulate, at the very least is a huge conflict of interest.

But Pelosi is not the only one.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/why_nancy_pelosi_is_wrong_about_lawmakers_trading_in_stocks.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why Nancy Pelosi is wrong about lawmakers trading in stocks
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 03:28:34 pm »
When no one will enforce the law there is no law!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Why Nancy Pelosi is wrong about lawmakers trading in stocks
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 03:37:10 pm »
When no one will enforce the law there is no law!

Funny you should mention that...

In the 60s, during the race riots in schools forcibly integrated by Federal decree, I observed a lot of behaviour conducted well outside the limitations of ordinary rules by a demographic which claimed they could do so 'for equal rights'. After a couple of months of one group getting away with egregious violations of the rules, other demographics came to the conclusion that they had "equal rights, too!".

At that point, discipline broke down, and for a while we had State Police with K-9 dogs patrolling the halls of a 1200 student school, with all but two exits/entrances chained and locked shut (in violation of all fire codes).

Within the behaviour of that microcosm is revealed an obvious truth. People will not stand idly by and conform while a large minority treats the ordinary rules of civilization with contempt. Either the law applies to all or soon it will not apply at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis