Author Topic: Navy personnel rescue five drug smugglers from burning ship in the Gulf of Oman  (Read 92 times)

rangerrebew

Navy personnel rescue five drug smugglers from burning ship in the Gulf of Oman
By Diana Stancy Correll
 Dec 16, 04:54 PM
Sailors assigned to coastal patrol ship Sirocco transport illicit drugs seized from a fishing vessel in the Gulf of Oman Dec. 15, 2021. (Navy)

Navy personnel from the coastal patrol ship Sirocco and expeditionary mobile base platform ship Lewis B. Puller assisted in rescuing five mariners in the Gulf of Oman Wednesday, the Navy said.

The mariners, who claimed to be citizens of Iran, were smuggling illicit drugs when their ship caught fire, resulting in an explosion.

The Sirocco, homeported in Bahrain, was conducting a counter-narcotics patrol when sailors spotted the mariners in distress and jumped into action to provide assistance, the Navy said.

The mariners were transferred to the Lewis B. Puller before two were flown to Oman via helicopter for medical treatment. The other three were later taken to Oman for repatriation. The Navy said one mariner remains missing.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2021/12/16/navy-personnel-rescue-five-drug-smugglers-from-burning-ship-in-the-gulf-of-oman/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 12:38:12 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

To be in step with the legal system in this country, I'm sure the Iranians were released and told to report and turn themselves in on such and such a date.  I have to believe they were also given COVID shots.:whistle: