Author Topic: Haiti gang kidnaps US missionary group, including children  (Read 530 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Haiti gang kidnaps US missionary group, including children
« on: October 17, 2021, 01:15:13 pm »
Haiti gang kidnaps US missionary group, including children
The missionaries were on their way home from building an orphanage, according to Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries
Associated Press

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — A group of 17 U.S. missionaries including children was kidnapped by a gang in Haiti on Saturday, according to a voice message sent to various religious missions by an organization with direct knowledge of the incident.

The missionaries were on their way home from building an orphanage, according to a message from Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries.

"This is a special prayer alert," the one-minute message said. "Pray that the gang members would come to repentance."

The message says the mission's field director is working with the U.S. Embassy, and that the field director's family and one other unidentified man stayed at the ministry's base while everyone else visited the orphanage.

No other details were immediately available.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/haiti-gang-kidnap-missionary-group-children
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Haiti gang kidnaps US missionary group, including children
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 08:45:24 pm »
There's nothing that can be done for Haiti, other than to isolate the country and let the internal problems take care of themselves...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 08:47:16 pm »
There's nothing that can be done for Haiti, other than to isolate the country and let the internal problems take care of themselves...

...only problem is the Haitians are here coming through our border!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 08:47:53 pm »
No doubt, someone in the Brandon administration will suggest sending another $100 million to the corrupt Haitian government. That will fix everything.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:02:13 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 08:52:14 pm »

Well, we could nuke them from orbit .  .  .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 08:53:06 pm »
No doubt, someone in the Brandon administration will suggest sending another $100 million to the corrupt Haitian government. That will fix everythingh.

To save some Christian missionaries?  Nope, not gonna happen.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 01:28:46 pm »
We have a potential #LetsGoBrandon moment developing in Haiti as kidnappers release their demands for the safe release of American missionaries
Posted at 9:21 am on October 19, 2021
 by Greg P.

Meanwhile, in Haiti, kidnappers are demanding $1 million each for the safe release of 16 American and 1 Canadian missionaries taken hostage earlier this week:
CNN
@CNN
The gang that kidnapped a group of 17 American and Canadian missionaries in Haiti has asked for $1 million each for their release, a top Haitian official said, according to the Wall Street Journal.
6:16 AM · Oct 19, 2021
The FBI is reportedly in negotiations with the kidnappers:  ...

But don’t worry. Brandon is ON THE CASE:
Reuters
@Reuters
President Joe Biden has been briefed of the missionaries who had been kidnapped in Haiti and the FBI is part of a coordinated U.S. government effort to get the U.S. citizens to safety, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said https://reut.rs/3DSdCVr
8:55 PM · Oct 18, 2021
... Story at Twitchy

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 02:15:04 pm »
To bad the SEAL's aren't vaccinated, they'd take care of it.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 04:58:36 pm »
No doubt, someone in the Brandon administration will suggest sending another $100 million to the corrupt Haitian government. That will fix everything.
And for sure they would tap the Clinton Foundation to distribute it considering the bang up job they did last time :silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 05:00:27 pm »
To bad the SEAL's aren't vaccinated, they'd take care of it.
Remember the good old days when if you kidnapped Americans we negotiated with bullets to the kidnapper's heads?

Offline WhiteDawg

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2021, 12:40:37 pm »
 22222frying pan
Here's a hint! If you want to help someone, try helping people in your own country. This is a third-world crap hole where you expect something like this happen. Make a nuclear test site out of Haiti and maybe some of the other gang controlled cesspools will get the message. The missionaries decided to put their own lives in jeopardy so they should get themselves out. Don't use my tax dollars and or put American young lives in danger for WHAT!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2021, 01:01:19 pm »
All the gobs of money we've sent to Haiti haven't accomplished much of anything, except to enrich corrupt officials.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2021, 01:16:58 pm »
All the gobs of money we've sent to Haiti haven't accomplished much of anything, except to enrich corrupt officials and the Clintons.

Fixed it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2021, 01:18:36 pm »
Haiti gang demands $17 million to release kidnapped American and Canadian missionaries

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/haiti-kidnapping-400-mawozo-gang-missionaries-demands/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2021, 10:10:10 pm »
All the gobs of money we've sent to Haiti haven't accomplished much of anything, except to enrich corrupt officials.
"All the gobs of money we've sent to Haiti any sub-Saharan African country haven't accomplished much of anything, except to enrich corrupt officials."

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 12:24:00 am »
"All the gobs of money we've sent to Haiti any sub-Saharan African country haven't accomplished much of anything, except to enrich corrupt officials."

"All the gobs of money we've sent to any inner city haven't accomplished much of anything, except to enrich corrupt officials."
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 12:48:37 am »
I've seen this movie before. At one time it was fashionable among snow white retarded Liberals to go to Palestine, Gaza, or Beirut, to 'protest' Israel. LOL!

Of course most of them wound up kidnapped or captured and sold into the sex slave markets. So stupid. Israel actually had to track and ban these people, not for protesting, but for their own safety. They had no idea what they were doing, or what they were voluntarily getting themselves involved in. Liberals are retarded idiots, and they refuse to acknowledge or accept that some people are just EVIL. You cannot help them. They will kill you for trying.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 06:46:11 pm »
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
8-month-old baby among 17 kidnapped missionaries in Haiti, charity says
By Leonardo Blair
An 8-month-old baby is among the 17 kidnapped missionaries in Haiti being held for a ransom of $17 million by the notorious 400 Mawozo gang, Christian Aid Ministries said Tuesday as officials in the troubled Caribbean nation and the U.S. continue negotiating for their release.

Haitian Justice Minister Liszt Quitel confirmed Tuesday that the 400 Mawozo gang, which kidnapped the missionaries Saturday while they were working with Christian Aid Ministries, demanded $1 million each for their safe return.

“Many people, including CAM management and Haitian and U.S. authorities, are working diligently to bring our loved ones home safely,” Christian Aid Ministries said in a statement.

In an effort to protect the identity of the missionaries, prior to Tuesday, not many details had been released publicly about them except that their group includes six men, six women and five children, of which 16 are Americans and one is Canadian. Christian Aid Ministries revealed in their most recent update on the kidnappings that the youngest member of the group is just eight months old while the oldest is 48. ...

Since the kidnapping of the missionaries, Haitians have taken to the streets demanding their release. Schools and most businesses were closed for a second consecutive day in Port-au-Prince Wednesday, according to The Haitian Times, following a call for a general strike to protest kidnappings and widespread insecurity which followed the assassination of the country’s late President Jovenel Moïse in July. ...
Christian Post

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 06:54:46 pm »
Just make it clear to Haiti that not one thin dime will be forthcoming, ever again, no matter what, unless these people are returned safely. Nothing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2021, 10:47:51 pm »
Report from a missionary to Haiti, posted on Facebook:
   I got up early this morning to pray- Haiti is very much in need of it. If you've been following the news, you've heard of recent developments with a kidnapping of 17 missionaries in Port-au-Prince about 10 days ago. What you may not have heard is of the growing changes nationwide and what daily life has become for us here.

The gas crisis that we have been battling with since June has reached a new height- where a small gallon of gas is now sold for the equivalent of $25 USD in Southern Haiti. There simply is no gas for sale as gangs have not been allowing any gas trucks to pass through gang-controlled Martissant.

Electricity is rare for us these days (I never knew I loved electricity so much!) as is any form of going out and leaving the house- there is simply no gas to do so. Schools (that were functioning so well since September!) have been shut down since last week because of the growing unrest within the nation.

Gang presences in Port-au-Prince have been getting bolder as they continue to operate completely unchecked by a crumbling Haitian government- resulting the in the still-unresolved kidnapping of 17 missionaries (Canadian and American) about 10 days ago now. To us living here in southern Haiti, it feels  something akin to living through an apocalyptic movie.

Phone and internet services have been down on several occasions over the last week and private hospitals will be shutting down nation-wide today due to the riots that are about to ensue all over the national roads.  Each and every day you are uncertain of what to expect next. It feels like the country is on the verge of collapse.  ...

DON'T MISS THE POINT OF THIS POST TODAY: PLEASE PRAY
I personally don't like to share "shocking" posts of Haiti- but I do feel I need to inform our Facebook family of what is currently happening in country so that you can PRAY. Please pray. Everything I mentioned in my first paragraph here is a prayer point! If you would like to join with us in praying over this beautiful nation that we are passionate about serving for the Lord- here are some specific things to pray:

1. IMMEDIATE FOREIGN INTERVENTION- in the form of either the US or the UN inside of Haiti. For a good military presence to take up residence in the nation's capital and in the suburb of gang-controlled Martissant.

2. FOR MARTISSANT TO OPEN- and for the southern-most part of Haiti to begin to receive gas, propane, and needed commercial supplies from the capital.

3. FOR THE GANGS TO BE REMOVED FROM THEIR POSITIONS IN THE CAPITAL- for their current positions to be weakened and frustrated.

4. FOR THE STRENGTHENING OF THE HAITIAN POLICE FORCE- which is the only physical barrier between gang violence and the people.

5. FOR NEW, STRONG, AUTHORITATIVE LEADERSHIP THAT GENUINELY CARES FOR THE WELFARE OF HAITI- enough said!

6. FOR THE COVERING AND SAFE RELEASE OF THESE 17 MISSIONARIES- who were kidnapped 10 days ago and still in gang hands under ransom demands.

7. FOR CONTINUED PROTECTION FOR ALL MISSIONARIES, PASTORS, AND PUBLIC SERVANTS IN HAITI.

8.  FOR CONTINUED PROTECTION FOR OUR LESPRI STAFF OF 45, OUR STUDENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES, AND OUR FAMILY HERE.

9. THAT THE LORD WOULD GIVE US STRATEGIC WAYS WE CAN ASSIST THE COMMUNITY AND SPREAD THE GOSPEL NOW- even in the middle of all of this!

Many blessings to you all- and a tremendous THANK YOU to anyone who reads this and doesn't only digest it as information but takes the time to pray. I personally appreciate it so much. Many blessings all and wherever you are in the world today- put your TRUST IN GOD.
https://www.facebook.com/LespriMinistries/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2021, 02:16:10 pm »
Family members of the 17 missionaries kidnapped by the 400 Mawozo gang in Haiti preached forgiveness for their kidnappers days after Wilson Joseph, the gang’s leader, threatened to “put a bullet in the heads” of their loved ones if his $17 million ransom demand for their release isn’t met. ...

While negotiations for the missionaries' release continue between the gang and officials in the troubled Caribbean nation and the U.S., a video of Joseph, which began circulating on social media last Thursday, showed the crime boss wasn't pleased with the pace of negotiations.

“I swear by thunder that if I don’t get what I’m asking for, I will put a bullet in the heads of these Americans,” Joseph threatened, according to a translation cited by Bloomberg Quicktake.

The gang leader further threatened Haiti’s Prime Minister Ariel Henry, as well as the chief of Haiti’s National Police, Léon Charles. Bloomberg noted that Joseph’s speech was made in front of open coffins that apparently held several members of his gang who were recently killed.  ...
More at Christian Post

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2021, 12:05:29 am »
"All the gobs of money we've sent to any inner city haven't accomplished much of anything, except to enrich corrupt officials."

@LMAO

Ok,call me a conspiracy thearist,but I do sense a trend here.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2021, 12:13:33 am »
Wednesday, October 20, 2021
8-month-old baby among 17 kidnapped missionaries in Haiti, charity says
By Leonardo BlairChristian Post

@mountaineer

Somebodie needs ta whisper inta their little shell-like ears that "We are the United States,bitches,and we are going to do whatever the hell we feel like doing to you,your entire freaking trash familes,and everybody that ever said "Hello" to you if you don't immediately release those people unharmed.

We may set you on fire. A little at a time,of course.

Or,we could just poison all your water.

Or spray poison over your livestock herds,and maybe even the grass shacks you live in.

Just understand that from THIS moment forward,NOTHING is off the table when it comes to retribution unless you immediately release them.

Go ahead. Whine to the UN. See how well that works out for you.

Just understand that from this moment forward,there is NOTHING off the table but paying you a ransom.

From this moment forward until the moment they are all released,just know that you are our bitches.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2021, 12:17:51 am »
Report from a missionary to Haiti, posted on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/LespriMinistries/

@mountaineer

From me,to that missionary and every other loser who supports those bloodthirsty Imbiciles.

Nobody MADE you go there. You went on your own,hoping that America would come to your aid and bail you out so you could feed and support the next generation of bloodthirsty savages.

ESAD!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2021, 07:15:07 pm »
UPDATE

All members of US missionary group freed by kidnappers in Haiti, police say
    EVENS SANON and PETER SMITH
    Updated 3 min ago | Posted on Dec 16, 2021

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) — The remaining members of a missionary group who were kidnapped two months ago have been freed, Haitian police and the group said Thursday.

The spokesman for Haiti’s National Police, Gary Desrosiers, confirmed to The Associated Press that the remaining hostages had been released, but did not immediately provide additional details.

“We glorify God for answered prayer — the remaining 12 hostages are FREE!” Christian Aid Ministries said in a statement. “Join us in praising God that all 17 of our loved ones are now safe.”

The Ohio group said it hopes to provide more information later. ... More