Author Topic: Multiple Emergency Applications For Supreme Court To Stop Biden Employer Vaccine Mandate  (Read 458 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal Insurrection by William A. Jacobson Saturday, December 18, 2021

OSHA Says Enforcement Starts January 10

On Friday, December 17, 2021, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, designated to handle multi-district litigation over the OSHA vaccine and testing mandate on large employers, dissolved a previous 5th Circuit stay of the mandate.

OSHA has announced that starting January 10, it will start enforcement:

The Occupational Health and Safety Administration said Saturday it will wait until Jan. 10 to begin issuing citations to companies that do not comply with its coronavirus vaccine mandate.

Driving the news: OSHA also said that it would not issue citations for its COVID-19 testing requirements before Feb. 9 “so long as an employer is exercising reasonable, good faith efforts to come into compliance with the standard,” the agency said.

Earlier today, at least two Emergency Petitions were filed with the Supreme Court. There may be more, but these are two that I was able to find (if readers find more, please post in the comments).

A coalition of dozens of states, companies, unions, and individuals filed an Emergency Application for An Administrative Stay and Stay of Administrative Action.

The application for an administrative stay was presented to Justice Kavanaugh, who has responsibility for the 6th Circuit, but he almost certainly will refer the request to the full court since there are multiple weeks until the new rule would take effect. Here is the intro to application:

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/12/multiple-emergency-applications-for-supreme-court-to-stop-biden-employer-vaccine-mandate/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If the SCOTUS doesn't go our way, the way from here grows very dark.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Multiple Emergency Applications For Supreme Court To Stop Biden Employer Vaccine Mandate

OSHA Says Enforcement Starts January 10
Posted by William A. Jacobson Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 07:35pm

On Friday, December 17, 2021, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, designated to handle multi-district litigation over the OSHA vaccine and testing mandate on large employers, dissolved a previous 5th Circuit stay of the mandate.

OSHA has announced that starting January 10, it will start enforcement:

The Occupational Health and Safety Administration said Saturday it will wait until Jan. 10 to begin issuing citations to companies that do not comply with its coronavirus vaccine mandate.

Driving the news: OSHA also said that it would not issue citations for its COVID-19 testing requirements before Feb. 9 “so long as an employer is exercising reasonable, good faith efforts to come into compliance with the standard,” the agency said.

Earlier today, at least two Emergency Petitions were filed with the Supreme Court. There may be more, but these are two that I was able to find (if readers find more, please post in the comments).

A coalition of dozens of states, companies, unions, and individuals filed an Emergency Application for An Administrative Stay and Stay of Administrative Action.

more
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/12/multiple-emergency-applications-for-supreme-court-to-stop-biden-employer-vaccine-mandate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As there damned well should be!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I still cannot fathom how a three judge appeals court panel can over-ride a full-16 member appeals court's judgement that passed on the validity of overturning a federal judge's stoppage of this mandate.

Has there ever been a SCOTUS verdict having an even number of judges on both sides deferred judgement to just a three member panel instead? @Bigun

It is not what the Founders intended, ie - the majority to be dominated by the minority.  In this case, less than one-fifth of the court to decide cases.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 05:12:48 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I still cannot fathom how a three judge appeals court panel can over-ride a full-16 member appeals court's judgement that passed on the validity of overturning a federal judge's stoppage of this mandate.

Has there ever been a SCOTUS verdict having an even number of judges on both sides deferred judgement to just a three member panel instead? @Bigun

It is not what the Founders intended, ie - the majority to be dominated by the minority.  In this case, less than one-fifth of the court to decide cases.

It almost looks like the fix was in.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I don't know the answer to that question @IsailedawayfromFR but I seriously doubt it.  Nothing surprises me now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

It almost looks like the fix was in.

Not surprising. Corruption is so deep that our judicial system has almost completely collapsed??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.