Author Topic: Last Child Tax Credit check set to go out. That could push millions of kids into poverty.  (Read 158 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Last Child Tax Credit check set to go out. That could push millions of kids into poverty.

By Aimee Picchi

December 15, 2021 / 8:30 AM / MoneyWatch

Millions of Americans have weathered the COVID-19 pandemic with the help of direct cash payments from the U.S. government, via stimulus checks, extra unemployment benefits and the expanded Child Tax Credit. But that last financial buffer may come to an end on December 15 when the IRS sends out the sixth — and potentially last — check to parents.

That would close the door on the nation's biggest federal cash-assistance programs, which began in 2020 with the first stimulus check and expanded unemployment aid. As those two programs ended earlier this year, the Child Tax Credit went into full swing in July, directing as much as $300 per month to families for each eligible child.

Experts credit those six months of direct payments with helping millions of low- and middle-income families afford basics like food, rent and car repairs, as well as child expenses like clothing and education. Without that aid, almost 10 million children may slip back into poverty, according to a recent analysis from the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/child-tax-credit-2021-december-last-payment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why are so many families with children poor to begin with?

If tens of millions of children live in poverty, isn't that a statement that the system is failing?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Maybe it's time that fathers of a certain definable demographic were encouraged to stay with their families, get jobs and stop living off the backs of taxpayers.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Who thinks thinks all but pennies on the dollar of this money actually went towards food and clothing for these children instead of drugs, alcohol or toys for these impoverished parents?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why are so many families with children poor to begin with?

If tens of millions of children live in poverty, isn't that a statement that the system is failing?

Leftists would agree that the system is "failing," and the solution is to dump even more taxpayer money down that rat hole.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

People shouldn't be dependent upon the Government for subsistence.  And Government shouldn't be encouraging greater dependence upon it for subsistence.  Government subsidy of inefficiencies only leads to greater inefficiencies.

Imagine how much more affordable housing and college would be if Government wasn't subsidizing the naturally unaffordable.

Without Government demand-side subsidies, prices of college education and housing would have to decrease to support what the demand-side was naturally able to pay.

Government involvement in demand-side financing naturally unaffordable housing and education is only increasing their unaffordability.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.