Author Topic: Joe Biden Left Behind A Humanitarian Crisis In Afghanistan  (Read 83 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Left Behind A Humanitarian Crisis In Afghanistan
« on: December 15, 2021, 05:29:00 pm »
 Joe Biden Left Behind A Humanitarian Crisis In Afghanistan

Almost 24 million Afghan people are facing starvation. The inflation in food prices and fuel prices also means it will cost more for aid agencies to purchase and ship food to Afghanistan.

By Helen Raleigh
December 15, 2021

When I read this news, it broke my heart: an Afghan mother sold one of her newborn twins, a baby boy, to a childless couple for $104. She had no food for her baby boy or her seven other children. Her husband works as a day laborer, earning only $1 a day.

No mother wants to be separated from her child this way unless she has absolutely no other choice. She told a reporter: “It was hard. Harder than you can imagine. I gave my child away because of destitution… I was unable to take care of him, and I could not afford anything.”

Even more tragic is many mothers in Afghanistan have done the same, and many more will have to because the country is experiencing what a United Nations official calls ”the worst humanitarian crisis we’ve ever seen.”

After the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in August, the Taliban, an Islamist terrorist group that never governed a nation and doesn’t know how to run an economy, took charge in Afghanistan. Between that and international COVID lockdowns that have especially devastated poor countries that depend on rich countries’ economies, Afghanistan’s economy collapsed.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/15/joe-biden-left-behind-a-humanitarian-crisis-in-afghanistan/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Joe Biden Left Behind A Humanitarian Crisis In Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 05:52:09 pm »
The Afghans need to govern themselves since they don't want anyone else - British, Russian, Americans - governing them.  Let Pakistan deal with it.  The Taliban is a client of Pakistani intelligence service.

Are we supposed to send generations of America's sons and daughters to die helping a country that doesn't want us there?

It's the Taliban's and Pakistan's mess to deal with.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Joe Biden Left Behind A Humanitarian Crisis In Afghanistan
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 11:10:17 pm »
Got to be realistic on this:
Afghanistan -- once the US was gone -- was going to become a humanitarian disaster regardless of who was president when we left there.