Author Topic: Fed doubles taper rate to $30B a month, projects three interest rate hikes next year  (Read 257 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fed doubles taper rate to $30B a month, projects three interest rate hikes next year
Fed policymakers speed up taper timeline to address soaring inflation

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday announced plans to accelerate the wind down of its aggressive bond-buying program and penciled in at least three interest rate hikes next year as policymakers seek to combat the hottest inflation in four decades.

The Federal Open Market Committee said at the conclusion of its two-day policy-setting meeting this week that it would reduce its asset-purchase program by $30 billion a month, a timeline that could phase out the purchases entirely by March rather than the original June trajectory laid out last month.

Although policymakers voted to hold rates near zero, where they have sat since March 2020, new economic projections show that every Fed official has penciled in at least one rate hike next year – a considerable shift from September, when half of the central bankers believed interest rate increases were not warranted until at least 2023.

It's the latest evidence that months of rapid inflation have become increasingly worrisome to Fed policymakers as they seek to balance soaring consumer prices with returning the labor market to pre-pandemic levels.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/federal-reserve-taper-bond-purchases-december-2021
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

... just in time to cause a recession going into the 2022 mid-terms.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Here comes the stagflation.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
Carter-isms and similarities clicking on cue.  Hidden headline, is now the Biteme administration is having to admit Inflation is real, and it is going to be around for a while.

Big question will be at precentage rate the fed  will top.....
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 07:59:57 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Carter-isms and similarities clicking on cue.  Hidden headline, is now the Biteme administration is having to admit Inflation is real, and it is going to be around for a while.

Big question will be at precentage rate the fed  will top.....
If there is one person happy about this it will be Jimmy Carter since there is absolutely no doubt that he is NOT the worst President in history. At the same time I believe that Carter, because he is a good man at heart is also saddened at what Americans are going through.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If there is one person happy about this it will be Jimmy Carter since there is absolutely no doubt that he is NOT the worst President in history. At the same time I believe that Carter, because he is a good man at heart is also saddened at what Americans are going through.
Even good men can be very bad for the country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington