Author Topic: Russia Vetoes Attempt to Link Climate Change to UN Security Council’s ‘Peace and Security’ Mandate  (Read 206 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Russia Vetoes Attempt to Link Climate Change to UN Security Council’s ‘Peace and Security’ Mandate

An attempt by the U.N. Security Council to pass what would have been the first-ever standalone resolution linking climate change and the council’s primary mandate of maintaining international peace and security was torpedoed Monday by Russia.

Russia used its veto power to kill the resolution drafted by Ireland and Niger. India also voted “no” while China abstained.

The draft stressed the need for a “comprehensive, whole of U.N. approach to address climate change and its effects,” asked the secretary-general to “integrate climate-related security risk as a central component into comprehensive conflict-prevention strategies,” and called for the security implications of climate change to be incorporated into the analyses and activities of U.N. peace missions.................

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/international/patrick-goodenough/russia-vetoes-attempt-link-climate-change-un-security
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hate to say but it seems Biden is a bigger threat to our country than the despot Putin.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Hate to say but it seems Biden is a bigger threat to our country than the despot Putin.

Right?  It's a sad, sad day when we have to rely on Putin to save ourselves from Biden.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Right?  It's a sad, sad day when we have to rely on Putin to save ourselves from Biden.

Exactly. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.