Author Topic: Missouri girl, pictured 15 minutes before tornado hit, found dead in field dozens of yards away  (Read 259 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Missouri girl, pictured 15 minutes before tornado hit, found dead in field dozens of yards away
Dozens killed after severe weather strikes five states
Associated Press

A young girl, pictured in a photo taken during Saturday's severe weather in Missouri, died during the storm, a family member confirmed.

Trey and Meghan Rackley and their three daughters sought shelter in a windowless bathroom in their southeast Missouri home as storms raged across the middle of the country. To prove they were in their "safe space" with the storm approaching Friday evening, the girls’ mom texted her Aunt Sandy a photo of the three in and next to the bathtub — all of them smiling, 9-year-old Annistyn holding her favorite doll.

Fifteen minutes later, Sandra Hooker said, a tornado splintered the home, carrying the family members dozens of yards through the air into a field where first responders found them in mud. Annistyn, a third-grader who loved swimming, dancing and cheerleading, died, one of dozens killed in five states.

The other family members were injured but survived. Seven-year-old Avalinn told doctors she flew around "in the tornado," Hooker said.

In this photo provided by Sandra Hooker, from left, Avalinn Rackley, 7, Alanna Rackley, 3, and Annistyn Rackley, 9, pose for a picture in a bathroom in their home near Caruthersville, Missouri. Annistyn, a third-grader who loved swimming, dancing and cheerleading, was among dozens of people who died because of the severe storm on Friday. (Meghan Rackley/Courtesy of Sandra Hooker via AP)

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-girl-pictured-15-minutes-before-tornado-hit-found-dead
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

God bless her, and keep her close to Him.

Offline DB

Just horrible news followed by more horrible news.

And the way things are going 2022 is going to be much worse.

Offline LegalAmerican

God bless her, and keep her close to Him.

:amen:    8888crybaby

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Breaks my ❤.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't know how parents recover from this loss   :crying:

Offline Polly Ticks

Absolutely heartbreaking.
Saw an article yesterday about a baby in KY with a brain injury being taken off life support.  I just cannot fathom.
 88kleenix
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
"The other family members were injured but survived. Seven-year-old Avalinn told doctors she flew around "in the tornado," Hooker said. "

That is a miracle by itself after being extracted into the vortex of a F4 tornado.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.