Author Topic: ‘I really felt he was going to help’: Woman buried in student debt feels Biden ‘betrayed’ her, leave  (Read 351 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘I really felt he was going to help’: Woman buried in student debt feels Biden ‘betrayed’ her, leaves Dem Party
December 13, 2021 | Joshua Nybo

A number of voters have had ‘buyer’s remorse’ regarding President Joe Biden and for a variety of reasons. For one ex-Democrat, that reason is student debt.

For over forty years Melissa Andretta, 53, has been a Democrat. Andretta was one of the overwhelming numbers of Democrats who supported Biden in the 2020 election. However, that loyalty has finally wavered due to what she feels is a lack of action on campaign promises to cancel student debt.

Andretta has over $163,000 in accumulated student debt and expressed concerns to Business Insider’s Ayelet Sheffey that debt repayments could start as soon as next year. Contrary to what she felt led to believe, not a penny of that debt has vanished, and now she feels “betrayed.”

“I’ve been registered as a Democrat since I was of voting age. But throughout this last year, I was an independent instead because I’m just so frustrated and disheartened. One of the main reasons why I was so in favor of Biden was because I really felt that he was going to help us with the student-loan problem,” said Andretta.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/12/13/i-really-felt-he-was-going-to-help-woman-buried-in-student-debt-feels-biden-betrayed-her-leaves-dem-party-1175150/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

Betrayed by stupidity.

Offline mountaineer

Age 53, with over $163,000 in accumulated student debt. I don't know about the rest of you, but I acquired student loan debt of $9,000, including interest, in my mid-20s. I had it paid off by, well, my mid-20s (before age 30, at any rate). Don't buy what you can't afford, silly person.

Offline Kamaji

Student loan debt should be dischargeable in bankruptcy on the same terms as unsecured business loans.  It’s exactly the same kind of debt, and should be treated similarly. 

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Lemme guess. She has an advanced degree in Womyn’s Studies. Or some such nonsense.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Kamaji

Lemme guess. She has an advanced degree in Womyn’s Studies. Or some such nonsense.

She was working on a phd in teaching from Columbia, but didn’t finish due to health problems. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yep. Met a barista with a Masters in 'Art History'. Asked her what the hell she was thinking?
She said, "I surely didn't think I would be serving coffee for a living."
I respect her for her degree. I have great respect for the arts. After, ... I make a real wage.
When 'the perfect world clashes with reality' the result is a barista.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Her original balance was $40K.  That's over $120K in interest.

Doing a little math here.  With an original balance of $40K at 6.78% (thanks to another Democrat she voted for), it would take 20 years and 10 months of non-payment to drive the balance up to $163K.

On the flip side, if she started paying just $407/mo, she could have it paid off by age 65.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
She was working on a phd in teaching from Columbia, but didn’t finish due to health problems.

Yeah, I read the entire article after I posted.
As a taxpayer, I do not feel at all obligated to cover her education costs.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline mountaineer

As a taxpayer, I do not feel at all obligated to cover her education costs.
I don't care whether it's a degree in wxymns studies, art history, or microbiology. Bottom line, if you don't have the money to attend the $60K per year school, don't go there. Work your butt off, scrounge for scholarships, and go to the school you can afford.

My misguided niece (currently being indoctrinated at Penn State) has decided she wants to go to law school, for some reason. She got accepted by one that is distinctly third-tier - a mediocre school, at best - and it's over $55,000 per year. What a waste.

Online andy58-in-nh

‘I really felt he was going to help’: Woman buried in student debt feels Biden ‘betrayed’ her, leaves Dem Party
December 13, 2021 | Joshua Nybo

A number of voters have had ‘buyer’s remorse’ regarding President Joe Biden and for a variety of reasons. For one ex-Democrat, that reason is student debt.

For over forty years Melissa Andretta, 53, has been a Democrat. Andretta was one of the overwhelming numbers of Democrats who supported Biden in the 2020 election. However, that loyalty has finally wavered due to what she feels is a lack of action on campaign promises to cancel student debt.

Andretta has over $163,000 in accumulated student debt and expressed concerns to Business Insider’s Ayelet Sheffey that debt repayments could start as soon as next year. Contrary to what she felt led to believe, not a penny of that debt has vanished, and now she feels “betrayed.”

“I’ve been registered as a Democrat since I was of voting age. But throughout this last year, I was an independent instead because I’m just so frustrated and disheartened. One of the main reasons why I was so in favor of Biden was because I really felt that he was going to help us with the student-loan problem,” said Andretta.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/12/13/i-really-felt-he-was-going-to-help-woman-buried-in-student-debt-feels-biden-betrayed-her-leaves-dem-party-1175150/

Racking up that much debt for a degree that nobody values isn't a "student loan" problem.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Who the hell authorized this loan?  Isn't an abiity to repay the loan and interest in x number of payments a requirement?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

She makes a six figure salary.

Why must average taxpayers who make far less than that pay her debt?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

Who the hell authorized this loan?  Isn't an abiity to repay the loan and interest in x number of payments a requirement?

No.  Not with student loans.  The Obama Administration nationalized the student loan industry, replacing a competitive loan market with a government-run monopoly.  A person's financial inability to pay back a loan only increases their eligibility for a loan.

The goal is to make people such as this woman slaves to the government, constantly dangling a relief carrot before them every four years to secure their vote.  In 2024, the Dem candidate will once again offer the promise of forgiving student loan debt, and this woman will be giving them her vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Student loans are, if I recall, largely based on so-called "need", not demonstrated ability to repay.