Author Topic: Antony Blinken says US preparing to take unprecedented action that would 'have massive consequences  (Read 338 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Antony Blinken says US preparing to take unprecedented action that would 'have massive consequences for Russia' and claims face-to-face meeting between Biden and Putin is 'pretty unlikely'

Blinken is in the United Kingdom where he was meeting with G7 counterparts
    Russia's military buildup at Ukraine border was the dominant topic of discussion
    He told Meet the Press that the US and its G7 allies are resolute in 'their determination to take strong, coordinated steps if Russia does act aggressively'
    Moscow denies it's planning on attacking Ukraine, though the military buildup has alarmed geopolitical watchers in its similarity to 2014
    In 2014 after the Ukrainian revolution, Russia annexed the Crimean peninsula

By Elizabeth Elkind, Politics Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 13:04 EST, 12 December 2021 | Updated: 13:20 EST, 12 December 2021

Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday reiterated a warning from the United States and its allies that Russia could face 'massive consequences' if it continued its 'reckless and aggressive' actions against Ukraine.

'We are looking at and we are prepared to take the kinds of steps we've refrained from taking in the past that would have massive consequences for Russia,' Blinken told Meet the Press host Chuck Todd.

He also said an in-person meeting between Presidents Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin 'seems pretty unlikely' while Russia continues on a concerning path.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10301623/Blinken-claims-face-face-meeting-Joe-Biden-Vladimir-Putin-pretty-unlikely.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

It's going to be a rough 2022...

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

He also said an in-person meeting between Presidents Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin 'seems pretty unlikely' while Russia continues on a concerning path.
The "concerning path" is Brandon's increasing mental incompetence. We all know he cannot meet with world leaders in person because he's utterly clueless as to what's going on.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
...and here they worried Trump would get us into a war... *****rollingeyes*****
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

...and here they worried Trump would get us into a war... *****rollingeyes*****

Exactly.  It’ll be Biden and the Democrats that get us into a war, mainly just to distract from their failing poll numbers.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline LegalAmerican

Exactly.  It’ll be Biden and the Democrats that get us into a war, mainly just to distract from their failing poll numbers.

If you look back, it is always the dems....who get us into wars.   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's going to be a rough 2022...

Nah.  I predict as the year moves along things are going to get better and better.  I'm sure the media's writing the headlines now.

Online Hoodat

These people are rank amateurs.  Blinken should just come out and say that Putin is on double-secret probation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Biden to Russia: DON'T MAKE ME SURRENDER!! I'LL DO IT! I'LL DO IT! I'LL SURRENDER RIGHT NOW ... WATCH ME! I'VE SURRENDERED TO LESSER MEN THAN YOU!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

Dear god... we have resorted to North Korea style sabre rattling to get attention....
Russia is no one to play games with....

Online Hoodat

Dear god... we have resorted to North Korea style sabre rattling to get attention....

This is more like PeeWee Herman, "I know you are, so what am I? I know you are, so what am I?"
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
'We are looking at and we are prepared to take the kinds of steps we've refrained from taking in the past that would have massive consequences for Russia,' Blinken told Meet the Press host Chuck Todd.

This kind of rhetoric reminds me so much of the PLO and the Arabs in the 80s/90s. Every time Israel did something the Arabs didn't like, they would issue exactly this kind of statement.

"We will retaliate in a way which will devastate the illegal State of Israel, in a time and a place of our choosing." This was the standard response to just about anything Israel ever did.

Of course nothing meaningful ever happened. It is more than weird to see America ripping a page out of the PLO playbook. Instead of being 'threatening' as is the intent, statements like these just fuel the idea that America is weak and scared.

If this was real, it would simply be understood by Russia. You wouldn't have to say it, and spell it out verbally. If you are going to do something, then just DO IT! You shouldn't have to talk about it first.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

That's some mighty tough talk for Chuck Todd.  But I bet he wasn't anywhere near that forceful when talking to Putin.