Author Topic: 'World's most expensive' ugly Christmas sweater selling for nearly $40K  (Read 350 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
'World's most expensive' ugly Christmas sweater selling for nearly $40K

After taking months to craft what he’s calling the "world’s most expensive" sweater, Aidan Liban, 33, from London, is selling the garment for $39,654.00 (£30,000).

According to Liban’s website, he spent all of his savings to make the sweater and plans to donate some of the funds from the sweater’s purchase to the U.K.’s National Health Service.

Liban apparently spent 3,000 hours making the sweater by hand. The Italian silk sweater has more than 150 diamonds, almost 2,000 Swarovski crystals and 24-carat gold thread, according to the website. .............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/artist-sells-world-most-expensive-ugly-christmas-sweater

« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 11:11:41 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: 'World's most expensive' ugly Christmas sweater selling for nearly $40K
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 11:29:17 pm »
I much prefer this:

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline Kamaji

Re: 'World's most expensive' ugly Christmas sweater selling for nearly $40K
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 06:28:37 pm »
It's trite, but it's not quite that "ugly", at least not as far as ugly christmas sweaters go.