Author Topic: Jussie Smollett's Subway sandwich was key to case, ex-Chicago police superintendent says  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett's Subway sandwich was key to case, ex-Chicago police superintendent says
Smollett was convicted on five of six counts
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

Actor Jussie Smollett was found guilty of lying to police last week after he claimed he was the victim of a hate crime in 2019 and, of all things, a Subway sandwich was a key piece of evidence in the case against him, the former Chicago police superintendent said, according to reports.

Ex-Superintendent Eddie Johnson told NewsNationNow's "Morning in America" that Smollett left his home around 2 a.m. on the day he claimed to be attacked to buy the sandwich.

"OK, that’s fine," Johnson said, adding that morning was one of the coldest in Chicago that year and hardly anyone was on the street. "He comes back and gets attacked in a hate crime, supposed hate crime, and during all this scuffle – they poured bleach on him and all of this – when he got up and went into his apartment building he still had that Subway sandwich with him. That doesn’t happen.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-subway-sandwich-chicago-police-superintendent
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Where do you start with Smellitt's  goofy story?  :silly: Only a complete moron could think his pile of lies could fool sane people. Liberals yes, but I mean sane people.

Online Hoodat

I'm sure the main topic of discussion at local Chicago KKK meetings is which actors are on Empire.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Where do you start with Smellitt's  goofy story?  :silly: Only a complete moron could think his pile of lies could fool sane people. Liberals yes, but I mean sane people.

#1.  He is indeed, a celebrity.  Has photos with the Obamas and other high-ranking Democrats.  Also, very friendly with members of the so-called media.

#2.  He probably indulges in recreational drugs like weed and coke.

That combination alone would lead somebody to think that they could get away with a plan as they concocted.

And guess what?  HE ALMOST DID!  The original D.A. dropped charges after recusing herself.  No wonder he stuck by his story...see #2 above.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

One day in the future, Jussie Smollett will get his standing ovation moment by the same Hollywood idiots who did that for rapist Roman Polanski.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

#1.  He is indeed, a celebrity.  Has photos with the Obamas and other high-ranking Democrats.  Also, very friendly with members of the so-called media.

#2.  He probably indulges in recreational drugs like weed and coke.

That combination alone would lead somebody to think that they could get away with a plan as they concocted.

And guess what?  HE ALMOST DID!  The original D.A. dropped charges after recusing herself.  No wonder he stuck by his story...see #2 above.
He doesn't "probably" indulge in weed and coke. He admitted to driving around LA with his pals the perps smoking dope and plotting the deed only geniuses like him could plot.
I could have surmised that he was a doper. Only someone seriously high could think that idiotic tale would work.
I just would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see his reaction when the authorities told him his story sounded like bullsh*t, and they didn't believe him.

Online mountaineer

I had no idea Subway was open at 2 a.m.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LadyLiberty

I have not watched the show so I don't know if he's a good actor or not, but based on this performance I'm guessing he is mediocre. I've said it before and I'll say it again .... It's a good thing he is a script reader, because if he wrote one it would have so many holes in it that it would not be believable and just leave everyone confused.

Offline LegalAmerican

I had no idea Subway was open at 2 a.m.  :shrug:

I was thinking that and he was eating his sandwich.   I would be upset!  If it was a real event.