General Category > Midterm Elections 2022

5 GOP Senators Donate to Opponent of Trump-Endorsed Senate Candidate in Alabama

(1/1)

Hoodat:
5 GOP Senators Donate to Opponent of Trump-Endorsed Senate Candidate in Alabama

Ivan Pentchoukov  |  December 5, 2021  |  Updated: December 6, 2021

Five Republican senators donated a total of $25,000 to the Senate campaign of Katie Britt, the primary opponent of the Trump-endorsed Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.)

Britt served as the chief of staff for Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), whose seat she and Brooks are now vying for. She announced her run for Senate in June, two months after former President Donald Trump endorsed Brooks.

According to Federal Election Commission (FEC) records first reported by Politico, the political action committees for five GOP senators donated to Britt’s campaign: Sen. Michael Crapo’s (R-Idaho) Freedom Fund, Sen. Debra Fischer’s (R-Neb.) Nebraska Sandhills PAC, Sen. James Inhofe’s (R-Okla.) Fund for a Conservative Future, Sen. Joni Ernst’s (R-Iowa) Jobs Opportunity and New Ideas PAC, and Shelley Moore Capito’s (R-W.Va.) Wild and Wonderful PAC.

None of the five senators have donated to Brooks’s campaign, according to FEC records.

Britt most recently served as the head of the Alabama Business Council.

In the ad announcing her candidacy, she said it was “an honor” to stand with Shelby to “help build President Trump’s border wall” and to confirm Trump’s conservative nominees to the U.S. Supreme Court.  .  .  .

https://www.theepochtimes.com/5-gop-senators-donate-to-opponent-of-trump-endorsed-senate-candidate-in-alabama_4139541.html

Not sure why Trump is endorsing Mo Brooks now when he wouldn't back him back in 2018.  I like Brooks a lot.  But the GOPe is going long term here.  Britt is the more charismatic candidate, and she is 30 years younger.  she could easily hold this seat for the next 24 years.

Hoodat:
Alabama ping @Sighlass

Sighlass:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on December 11, 2021, 05:43:37 pm ---Alabama ping @Sighlass

--- End quote ---

Thanks Hoodat, I guess the Rino games have begun. Mo Brooks is a good fellow that so far seems to almost as unbuyable as Roy Moore was.

Hoodat:
My favorite Mo Brooks clip:

catfish1957:
Inhofe used to be a rock solid conservative.  I don't know what the hell got into him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version