Author Topic: Fort Bragg soldier deported after faking marriage to American man  (Read 82 times)

rangerrebew

Fort Bragg soldier deported after faking marriage to American man
December 8, 2021   
more

Hayley Fowler

The Charlotte Observer

A 35-year-old soldier stationed in North Carolina will be deported after she pleaded guilty to visa fraud involving a sham marriage to a U.S. citizen, federal prosecutors said.

Maryam Movsum Hasanova is accused of paying $15,000 for the fraudulent marriage. Prosecutors said she then applied for a green card and began receiving a housing allowance from the U.S. military while stationed at Fort Bragg outside Fayetteville, North Carolina.

A judge in Eastern North Carolina sentenced Hasanova to time served and ordered her to be deported immediately. She will also have to pay the U.S. Army $41,511 in restitution.

“Hasanova’s schemes to circumvent the law have failed and now she will face accountability for her actions,” Special Agent In Charge Ronnie Martinez said in a Tuesday, Dec. 7 news release announcing her sentence. “Protecting the integrity of the nation’s immigration system is of vital importance and HSI prioritizes this mission.”

https://popularmilitary.com/fort-bragg-soldier-deported-after-faking-marriage/

rangerrebew

Re: Fort Bragg soldier deported after faking marriage to American man
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 01:53:24 pm »
I thought foreign nationals had to be vetted and "accepted" by the Pentagon before they could be married.  A case in point:  I knew an electronics technician who fell madly in lust for a Philippina he had met and could not wait for the background check to marry her.  He once had her aboard the ship.  He had said she was around 20 and unbelievably beautiful.  What I laid my eyes on was some old run down hag, probably in her 50s, with dyed red hair which made her look amazingly like a baboon.  We headed back for the US shortly they engaged in holy "matrimony" and about 10 days later he got her wedding "present" for him, a good dose of clap and news about her 4 kids which he had known nothing about.  When it comes to marrying someone from a third world country, people should wait for the investigation to be completed. :yowsa: