Author Topic: Elon Musk completely DESTROYS the Democrats’ Irresponsible Infrastructure Bill in One Short Intervie  (Read 165 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit 12/9/2021

VIDEO: Elon Musk completely DESTROYS the Democrats’ Irresponsible Infrastructure Bill in One Short Interview

As reported earlier — Entrepreneur and business magnate Elon Musk urged the US Congress should throw out Biden’s ‘Build Back Better Bill’ in a recent interview. 

This was an incredible interview.

Elon Musk: Honestly, It might be better if the bill doesn’t pass. Honestly, I would just can this whole bill. Don’t pass it. That’s my recommendation.

Reporter: What about the support for the charging network? There are parts of the bill…

Elon Musk: Unnecessary. No. Do we need support for gas stations? No. No we don’t. So there’s no need for support for a charging network. I’d just delete it. Delete. I’m literally saying get rid of all subsidies. If we don’t cut government spending something really bad is going to happen.

Elon is right.
The left doesn’t care.

They will pass their Marxist package anyway and Americans will suffer.
They just don’t care.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/video-elon-musk-completely-destroys-democrats-irresponsible-infrastructure-bill-one-short-interview/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUEysmedMd8&t=58s

Offline Killer Clouds

That's funny coming from someone that made his money from government subsidies.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Elon Musk doubles down on ending 'subsidies' as competitors now reap more benefits

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/07/tech/elon-musk-wsj-government/index.html

While Tesla and Musk have accepted government subsides in the past, he's also criticized subsidies, and at times called for getting rid of all of them.
"It has always been Tesla's view that all subsidies should be eliminated, but that must include the massive subsidies for oil & gas," Musk tweeted last month.
The world spends $423 billion subsidizing fossil fuels, according to the United Nations. US subsidies are roughly $20 billion a year.

There are several here that would be pleased if all of Musk's companies, Tesla, SpaceX, PayPal, Boring Co, and all his others,  were shut down over Musk collecting subsidies.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 05:50:34 pm by Elderberry »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This bill would actually subsidize Musk's competitors more than Musk.  Musk has already built recharging stations all over the country.  Why would he want thousands upon thousands of government-subsidized stations that work on his competitors' cars?  What's more, through a maneuver clearly designed to thwart Tesla, the bill gives more tax credits to those who buy other electronic car brands instead of Tesla.

In the end, I think Musk decided he'd just as soon do without this and force the competition to deal with him without government help.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 05:57:33 pm by massadvj »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This bill would actually subsidize Musk's competitors more than Musk.  Musk has already built recharging stations all over the country.  Why would he want thousands upon thousands of government-subsidized stations that work on his competitors' cars?  What's more, through a maneuver clearly designed to thwart Tesla, the bill gives more tax credits to those who buy other electronic car brands instead of Tesla.

In the end, I think Musk decided he'd just as soon do without this and force the competition to deal with him without government help.

I understand that Musk was NOT given any patents on his electric-vehicle technology, "...for the overall good of The People".

So, what you're saying certainly has merit.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I understand that Musk was NOT given any patents on his electric-vehicle technology, "...for the overall good of The People".

So, what you're saying certainly has merit.

I think it was Musk himself who made the decision to go "open source."  He had the patents, but in 2014 he put them into the world for use by anyone who wanted them.  It is basically what Bill Gates did with DOS.  There are some good business reasons for doing it.  Keeping it proprietary would have meant competition from open source and made it harder to dominate market share.  Now Tesla is the standard because all other designers begin using his paradigm.  Plus it makes his own organization more competitive.

If you don't make your system open source (as Apple did with its original version of Windows and iith its iPhone) other companies just steal it anyway, and then you end up in court and it gets very messy.  In the end, Apple gained very little by having patents for its original Windows-like operating system (which was stolen by Microsoft) and its iPhone operating system (which was stolen by Google).  Apple won in court, and they got a few bucks, but not as much as they would have made had these patents not been ripped off.

In the end, Apple might have been better off, at least in terms of market share, by just making it all open-source. There really is nothing that is truly "proprietary" in the digital space, especially when anyone can manufacture in a place like China that does not enforce US patents.  Might as well just give them up and focus on your core competencies.