Author Topic: New York Gov. Kathy Hochul imposes statewide mask mandate  (Read 293 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul imposes statewide mask mandate
« on: December 10, 2021, 06:00:28 pm »
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/10/ny-gov-kathy-hochul-imposes-statewide-mask-mandate-amid-spread-of-omicron-covid-variant.html

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul on Friday announced a statewide mask mandate for all indoor public places unless the businesses or venues already have a vaccine requirement in place.

The new mandate goes into effect Monday through Jan. 15, 2022, at which point the state will reassess its effectiveness based on Covid-related public health conditions.

Noncompliant businesses could be subject to both civil and criminal penalties with a maximum fine of $1,000 per violation. Local health departments will enforce the mandate.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: New York Gov. Kathy Hochul imposes statewide mask mandate
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 06:02:10 pm »
Key points:

The decision was based on the state’s weekly seven-day case rate and increasing hospitalization numbers. Since Thanksgiving, that average has spiked by 43% and hospitalizations have risen by 29%.

Hochul added that state vaccination rates have climbed 2% since the Thanksgiving weekend, bringing the total to more than 80% of fully vaccinated New Yorkers.

However, she noted that the “uptick is not fast enough to completely curb the spread of the virus(.)"

Does this sound like a vaccine with 95% efficacy and 80% uptake to you?

At some point you can't keep blaming the unvaccinated for the vaccine's failure. I will not comply with this muzzle mandate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 06:06:30 pm »
Mask it or casket.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 06:37:41 pm »
She's worse than Cuomo.  Hopefully this drives the sane voters south to bolster our margins. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 06:37:41 pm »
As we all have been saying, if you're vaccinated, what do you have to fear from unvaccinated folks? If masks work, and you're wearing one, what do you have to fear from the unmasked? Some folks abandoned reason a long time ago.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 07:19:52 pm »
Key points:

At some point you can't keep blaming the unvaccinated for the vaccine's failure. I will not comply with this muzzle mandate.

Agreed.  Neither will I.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 10:01:46 pm »
Wow. I'm gladI escaped to Texas. I haven't worn a mask anywhere but in a doctor's office in a LONG time. And, oddly enough, I haven't been tripping over dead bodies at all.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 10:17:45 pm »
Wow. I'm gladI escaped to Texas. I haven't worn a mask anywhere but in a doctor's office in a LONG time. And, oddly enough, I haven't been tripping over dead bodies at all.

I thought doctors were smarter than they are.  I didn't wear a mask, at doctors office,  and two people confronted me, from the higher level staff, to get me to wear a mask.  I didn't. Then, would I wear a shield?  I said. NO.  Everyone else had on a mask.  The 'mask' will not stop ANY VIRUS.  The doctors assistant would not take my vitals or weigh me.  I hated that anyway.  Mostly busy work, to make you think, they care about health.  lol. I was shocked, my doctor went along with this baloney. 

Now, a year later, I am being vindicated.