Author Topic: Graham warns GOP about Trump's wrath on debt vote  (Read 118 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham warns GOP about Trump's wrath on debt vote
« on: December 09, 2021, 01:34:32 pm »
Graham warns GOP about Trump's wrath on debt vote
By Alexander Bolton - 12/09/21 06:00 AM EST

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) offered a forceful warning to Republican colleagues during a private lunch on Wednesday, saying former President Trump will come down hard on any GOP senators who vote for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) deal to set up a special pathway to raise the debt limit.

In blunt remarks to the Senate Republican Conference, Graham harshly criticized McConnell for putting Senate Republicans in position to get “shot in the back” over the deal.

He said McConnell had backed away from his vow earlier this year to not give Democrats any help in raising the debt limit.

One GOP senator said Graham specifically warned colleagues “the president is going to be engaged on this issue.”

He told colleagues that McConnell had “led them on a charge up a hill and they were getting shot in the back,” according to the senator.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/585018-graham-warns-gop-about-trumps-wrath-on-debt-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Graham warns GOP about Trump's wrath on debt vote
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 04:44:03 pm »
I wonder where Graham got his first clue   :whistle:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 04:45:44 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 05:53:24 pm »
Very, very few people over the years have any credibility when it comes to our debt and the debt ceiling.  It’s just a hammer for a minority party to beat the party in charge over the head with

I know how this ends. They vote to raise the debt ceiling, then they vote for more spending, the president signs it, and we end up with more debt and more inflation in the end

I think that is the most serious long-term issue facing this country and we may be already starting to feel the effects of it

Just wait when they raise interest rates with a debt to GDP ratio well over 100%

« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:03:12 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 06:22:07 pm »
Let the Orange One be mad.

The only thing that makes the former Oompa-Loompa-in-Chief special, is the fealty of weak-minded Republicans like Lindsey Graham.  When the poltical winds change, like an airport windsock, Lindsey will flip-flop yet again.  Is there any issue where he hasn't been on both sides when it was politicaly expedient?

The fact that there is open revulsion of Mitch McConnell at a Senate Republican Conference lunch demonstrates that the Swamp Turtle is losing control of his caucus.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.