Author Topic: Dem Mayor Makes Career Ending Move  (Read 118 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Mayor Makes Career Ending Move
« on: December 09, 2021, 05:57:35 pm »
Dem Mayor Makes Career Ending Move
byMatthew Holloway
December 9, 2021

Boston, Massachusetts’ Democrat Mayor Michelle Wu has made what can only be described as a career-ending decision. In the middle of rampant inflation, soaring energy costs, and with her constituents and city employees struggling mightily just to make ends meet, Wu signed an ordinance that will divest $65 million in city investments from any companies that profit off of fossil fuels potentially kneecapping the growth of their investments.

This ‘Green New Deal’ inspired political stunt was conducted with only regard for the press impact and an eye toward appealing to the far-left extremist base in the commonwealth, completely ignoring the fact that 15% of the city’s investments are based upon coal, oil, natural gas, and fossil fuel products according to The Boston Globe.

“I’m excited to be able to take the pen to a piece of legislation that I’ve been working on for many years on the council with community advocates, with colleagues, [to] say that the city of Boston is going to step up and do our part and push for urgency on this issue,” Wu said, according to a recording supplied by her office.

https://thegoptimes.com/dem-mayor-makes-career-ending-move/?utm_source=TGT%20Master%200521&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:32167667&utm_campaign=Holy%20Smokes:%20Dem%20Mayor%20Makes%20Career%20Ending%20Move

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Dem Mayor Makes Career Ending Move
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 06:10:56 pm »
Dude, it's Massachusetts.  It may bankrupt Boston's employee pension fund, but, it won't cost her career.

She defeated an old school, union establishment opponent because they are desparate for radical change.  Unfortunately, for her voters, this will do nothing to help lower the cost of housing; reduce income, education, and healthcare inequalities; and improve transporation infrastructure.  It's more nonsense that accomplishes less than nothing.

It will make her more popular at the limousine liberal wine and cheese fundraisers on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.

Michelle Wu has fashioned herself as a protege of Elizabeth "Fauxcahontas" Warren and Ed Markey.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:11:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.