Author Topic: Electric Car Push Sparking Massive Deforestation, Ecological Damage  (Read 220 times)

rangerrebew

Written by Thomas Catenacci on Dec 8, 2021. Posted in Latest news
Electric Car Push Sparking Massive Deforestation, Ecological Damage

A major nickel mine in a Philippines rainforest has continued to expand, mowing down acres of trees as global demand for minerals essential for electric vehicle manufacturing surges.

The Rio Tuba mine (pictured) in the region of Palawan supplies an important mineral for electric vehicle batteries in Tesla and Toyota cars, but the mine is nearing an expansion that would cause it to grow from four square miles to 14 square miles, according to an NBC News investigation.

The growth of the mine would cause massive deforestation of the land which environmentalists warn could destroy the area’s ecosystem.

Critics of the mine have suggested it could lead to increased runoff of toxic waste into the environment, further harming the local wildlife, according to NBC News.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/electric-car-push-sparking-massive-deforestation-ecological-damage/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 04:44:45 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline MajorClay

Re: Electric Car Push Sparking Massive Deforestation, Ecological Damage
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 02:43:46 pm »
Tree huggers don't care. It's all about the feel good virtue signal.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 03:41:15 pm »
You have to break some eggs to make an omelet.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 04:04:48 pm »
Want proof of the dumbing down of the world? 

Decisons around the viability, usability, and practicality  of electricty for personal transportation were long hashed out by people named Tesla, Edison, and a handful of automotive pioneers over a 100 years ago.

These folks are (were) a helluva lot smarter than these tree hugging pencil d__k's trying to falsely peddle this technology as a workable viable alternative to the IC engine.

I promise you this will be the headline someday.....

Dateline January 9, 2061....

869 people dead, frozen to death in stranded vehicles along I-80 in subzero blizzard conditons.  Dead EV's and weather clog highways hampering emergency responders. 

I have an old 15 year old Titan that I will keep the rest of my life.   It is flex fuel, meaning I use pure ethanol to drive my truck.  Just in case pedo Joe makes it impossible to for me fuel up with gasoline.    I am not going to let any idiotic envirowhackos dictate my means of transporting myself around
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 04:06:34 pm »
Want proof of the dumbing down of the world? 

Decisons around the viability, usability, and practicality  of electricty for personal transportation were long hashed out by people named Tesla, Edison, and a handful of automotive pioneers over a 100 years ago.

These folks are (were) a helluva lot smarter than these tree hugging pencil d__k's trying to falsely peddle this technology as a workable viable alternative to the IC engine.

I promise you this will be the headline someday.....

Dateline January 9, 2061....

869 people dead, frozen to death in stranded vehicles along I-80 in subzero blizzard conditons.  Dead EV's and weather clog highways hampering emergency responders. 

I have an old 15 year old Titan that I will keep the rest of my life.   It is flex fuel, meaning I use pure ethanol to drive my truck.  Just in case pedo Joe makes it impossible to for me fuel up with gasoline.    I am not going to let any idiotic envirowhackos dictate my means of transporting myself around

Keeping something around that can run on alcohol is a smart idea!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 04:18:04 pm »
My wife's uncle had a truck with a diesel engine that could literally run on cooking oil. Not sure how it was modified, but I rode in it once, and it did run.  He lived in North Florida and would go from restaurant to restaurant collecting their old fry oil.

It worked only because he was the only one doing it.  With a million other people doing it, the price of that "free" cooking oil would rise to a few pennies below the price of diesel.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 04:25:35 pm »
My wife's uncle had a truck with a diesel engine that could literally run on cooking oil. Not sure how it was modified, but I rode in it once, and it did run.  He lived in North Florida and would go from restaurant to restaurant collecting their old fry oil.

It worked only because he was the only one doing it.  With a million other people doing it, the price of that "free" cooking oil would rise to a few pennies below the price of diesel.

I knew a state regulator even 20 years ago who was fueling his truck with bio-diesel. He had his own vacuum system and would suck out grease traps at restaurants, and I guess had the hardward to make it himslef.  Great SHTF alternative if you like diesel vehicles.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 05:53:09 pm »
I knew a state regulator even 20 years ago who was fueling his truck with bio-diesel. He had his own vacuum system and would suck out grease traps at restaurants, and I guess had the hardward to make it himslef.  Great SHTF alternative if you like diesel vehicles.
People were stealing the grease out of restaurant grease safes, sometimes just taking the whole safe on a lift gate during the Carter embargo years mostly for their diesel vehicles, only a few really stupid ones tried to sell the grease and safes back to the rendering companies.