Author Topic: Biden’s Bogus ‘Summit for Democracy’  (Read 145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s Bogus ‘Summit for Democracy’
« on: December 09, 2021, 02:59:15 pm »
 Biden’s Bogus ‘Summit for Democracy’
He is no position to lead the world toward it, given his own autocratic instincts.
by George Neumayr
December 9, 2021, 12:03 AM

Joe Biden is holding a virtual “summit for democracy” this week. It is the fulfillment of one of his campaign promises. He has long considered himself a great expert on the subject of democracy, even as he increasingly embraced the undemocratic elitism of his own party.

He says that he “fears” for democracy, as if his party is open to robust disagreements. The truth is the exact opposite. The Democrats celebrate undemocratic measures, such as Silicon Valley’s silencing of their political opponents. The Democrats are afraid of, not for, democracy. They seek to build a one-party state, free of “deplorables” — a state in which the most important decisions lie not in the hands of the people but in the hands of liberal judges and bureaucrats.

What animates him is not a desire for democracy but the acquisition of liberal power.

For Biden and company, “democracy” is just a euphemism for results that they like. If democracy fails to produce those results, liberals turn despotic. Their response to the people passing pro-life laws, for example, is to call for court-packing.

So it is no surprise that Biden has invited undemocratic countries that he likes to his “summit for democracy” while withholding an invitation from Hungary, a democracy that he dislikes. Biden’s rhetoric about “perils” to democracy conceals his real agenda: the promotion of leftism at the expense of democracy. Biden won’t say a word at his summit about the left-wing autocracies that the Democrats have long envied and seek to replicate in the United States.

more
https://spectator.org/bidens-bogus-summit-for-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Biden’s Bogus ‘Summit for Democracy’
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 03:04:30 pm »
Screw democracy!  (Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner) A Republic please!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 03:06:18 pm »
The name has a duplicitous Stalinist ring to it.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 03:10:34 pm »
FJB and the DNC should know all about dimming the prospects for democracy - they have been assiduously trying to stamp it out in this country for decades, including at least one successful stolen presidential election.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 03:14:24 pm »
Screw democracy!  (Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner) A Republic please!
A basic understanding of the American Government should be a requirement to hold office...
Since over 50% of us disprove of biden, lets get rid of him... that is how a real democracy works.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 03:21:25 pm »
A basic understanding of the American Government should be a requirement to hold office...
Since over 50% of us disprove of biden, lets get rid of him... that is how a real democracy works.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien