Author Topic: Joe Biden Addresses High Gas Prices: Americans Can Save Money if They Buy Electric Cars  (Read 693 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Addresses High Gas Prices: Americans Can Save Money if They Buy Electric Cars

Charlie Spiering 23 Nov 2021

President Joe Biden promoted his efforts to lower gas prices on Tuesday, but he reminded Americans they would save more money on gas if they owned electric cars.

“For the hundreds of thousands of folks who bought one of those electric cars, they’re going to save $800 to $1000 in fuel costs this year,” Biden said, referring to the $112,595 electric Hummer pickup he test drove at a General Motors factory in Detroit earlier this month.

The president appeared frustrated that some Americans continue blaming his environmental agenda for higher gas prices, dismissing it as a “myth.”

“My effort to combat climate change is not raising the price of gas, what it’s doing is increasing the availability of jobs,” Biden insisted.

He claimed his government subsidies for green energy and electric cars would only help Americans get jobs and save more money.

“Let’s do that. Let’s beat climate change. With more extensive innovation and opportunities,” Biden said, claiming the economy would be “less vulnerable to these kinds of price hikes” on fossil fuels.

The president notably suspended all federal leases on oil and gas and shut down the Keystone XL pipeline after taking office, which hurt the amount of domestic oil production.

Domestic oil production peaked in December 2019 when former president Donald Trump was in office and has yet to recover from the coronavirus pandemic.

Biden still has no plan to increase the domestic production of oil, but he frequently complains that OPEC+ nations are not releasing enough oil to the world.

The president has also resisted leveling an export ban of oil from the United States or loosening blending regulations and standards to alleviate the cost of production.

Biden announced plans to release 50 million gallons of oil from the Strategic Oil Reserves to help lower prices but cautioned Americans it would take a while to have an effect on gas prices.

“While our combined actions will not solve the problem of high gas prices overnight, it will make a difference,” he said. It will take time, but before long, you should see the price of gas drop where you fill up your tank.”

Biden’s efforts did not immediately have the desired effect on the oil market as prices rose over three percent per barrel on Tuesday morning after his announcement.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/23/joe-biden-addresses-high-gas-prices-americans-can-save-money-if-they-buy-electric-cars/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Those savings will vanish precipitously, as electricity prices climb.

Offline mountaineer

Those savings will vanish precipitously, as electricity prices climb.
Considering the administration's proposed destruction of the oil, coal and natural gas industries, that's a safe bet. Electricity, if it's even available, will be out of reach for most.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The infrastructure and generating capacity simply isn't there for this...besides, how many are going to be able to afford installing the charging systems (to code) for this?

What an out of touch, evil son of a bitch.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just taking my personal situation, which I'm sure is shared by millions, I have an older car that's perfectly serviceable paid for and gas powered. Biden says I can save money going EV, well first of all I don't have 30K+ to by a EV nor do I live in a house that I can put a recharge station even if California didn't have insane electric prices. Oh, and since Barry and Joe destroyed the economy and put my employer out of business forcing me to lose my home and go BK there aint no one that's wants to give me any credit so not being one of the entitled border invaders I'm SOL and tell me again president muttonhead how I'm gonna save money going EV?

Joe Biden the most tone deaf, ignorant ass to ever reside in the White Sanitarium and after Barry that's almost unbelievable.

Offline mountaineer

2 Western Pa. coal-fired power plants to close after new wastewater rule
Associated Press | Tuesday, Nov. 23, 2021 8:18 a.m.
Support Local Journalism
Climate change isn’t what’s driving some U.S. coal-fired power plants to shut down. It’s the expense of stricter pollution controls on their wastewater.

Dozens of plants nationwide plan to stop burning coal this decade to comply with more stringent federal wastewater guidelines, according to state regulatory filings, as the industry continues moving away from the planet-warming fossil fuel to make electricity.

The new wastewater rule requires power plants to clean coal ash and toxic heavy metals such as mercury, arsenic and selenium from plant wastewater before it is dumped into streams and rivers. The rule is expected to affect 75 coal-fired power plants nationwide, according to the Environmental Protection Agency.

Those plants had an October deadline to tell their state regulators how they planned to comply, with options that included upgrading their pollution-control equipment or retiring their coal-fired generating units by 2028. ...
Pittsburgh Tribune Review

Looks like the folks in western PA will find it more difficult to charge their EVs.

Offline cato potatoe

Who the hell wants to finance a new car, and pay a premium for electric to save a little money on gas?  The thing won't even be delivered for 2 years.  Stupid SOB.

Offline libertybele

Who the hell wants to finance a new car, and pay a premium for electric to save a little money on gas?  The thing won't even be delivered for 2 years.  Stupid SOB.

We just bought new vehicles a few years back and cannot afford to just do away with them and finance an electric vehicle.  9999hair out0000

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If you finance it, that means full coverage insurance. Depending on where you live, that's expensive, regardless of your driving record.

So tack that onto the payments for the car. (just wait until insurance companies figure out that there is added danger to pedestrians from cars they can't hear because they aren't going vroom).

I own six vehicles capable of highway operation, all gasoline powered, and can insure all of them with a decent liability policy on each for about $100/month, actually, a little less. No car payment. Fuel, tires, servicing which I do.

How in any universe will rewiring my 100 year old house for a charging port, buying an electric car that won't get me to where I have to go to work anyway, and paying payments and the extra for full coverage insurance save me any money?

Even at three and extra a gallon, I'm still way ahead.

Stupid, out of touch, idiot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let them eat (electric car) cake...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Considering the administration's proposed destruction of the oil, coal and natural gas industries, that's a safe bet. Electricity, if it's even available, will be out of reach for most.

@mountaineer

That's ok. Electricity will be plentiful for anyone that moves in the new Khrushchev Apts to be built in the cities.

All the electricity and water you want,as long as you are willing to sell your soul to the Borg.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

2 Western Pa. coal-fired power plants to close after new wastewater rule
Associated Press | Tuesday, Nov. 23, 2021 8:18 a.m.
Support Local JournalismPittsburgh Tribune Review

Looks like the folks in western PA will find it more difficult to charge their EVs.
Not only that, but there are several thousand coal miners in PA which will not take kindly to being forced out of their jobs.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That boy is D..U..M dumb.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Not only that, but there are several thousand coal miners in PA which will not take kindly to being forced out of their jobs.
That may explain why just about every other house in Avella, Pa., a coal mining town, is flying a "F*** Biden" flag.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That may explain why just about every other house in Avella, Pa., a coal mining town, is flying a "F*** Biden" flag.
Trump flags are still up in the oil patch, with a healthy influx of "Let's go Brandon"...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Just picking an EV at random, the Chevy Volt starts at $33,000 and has a range of 247 miles.
Its gasoline-powered counterpart, the Chevy Spark, starts at $13,600 and has a range of about 315 miles (its tank holds only 9 gallons).
 You do the math.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The word 'arugula' is coming to mind.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024